+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal based on PGWP, please help, URGENT

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Hi everyone

I was an international student in Canada from Jan 2007 to April 2013. I acquired 2 post-secondary degrees and in June 2013, after graduating from York University, i got my PGWP in July until March 2016. I left Canada by the end of April 2013 because i hadnt met my family in Pakistan in 2 years. I had all the intentions to go back to canada and work on my PGWP but my parents got me married in Jan 2014. So i had to stay in pakistan with my husband and his family and i started to help my husband and my father in law in their family owned small businesses; managing their accounts, marketing and such as i have graduated with a business administration and administrative studies degrees from toronto, canada.

For 2 years i did not travel to canada and unfortunately wasted my PGWP as i got busy here with family businesses and i had to have my husbands permission to work in canada. So just recently my husband permitted me to work in canada to gain some valuable experience until my PGWP expires to i could be better equiped to help him and my father in law with their businesses when i return. Or i could even apply for my PR in Canada if i could get a good job.

So i wanted to leave asap while i still have one year left on my PGWP and a possibility of 4 months extention as i did not get it for entire 3 years due to my passport expiring in Mar 2016. I applied for my TRV based on my PGWP on Feb 25 and i received a refusal on Mar 25, the reason being that the VO was not satisfied that i would leave canada at the end of my visa and some very common factors:
1) purpose of visit
2) current employment condition
3) assets and financial status
4) travel history

Well purpose of visit is obvious that i want work and gain canadian work experience.i still have a year left on my PGWP. I guess i wasnt clear in explaining that to the VO.

I didnt mention any of my employment status on the form, that was a mistake on my part because i help my husband and my father in law in their businesses so i wasnt sure whether that would be qualified as self employed or would it qualify as employment at all. My father in law would even be handing over his business to me after my return from canada.

For my financial status, i just provided them with my fathers employment letter and his US dollar bank account with $23K which he has been depositing over the years. That is other than his pakistani currency account. I am still mostly dependant on my father financially.

And i dont have a travel history other than travelling to and forth from canada to pakistan and back while studying there. I havent travelled abroad in the last 2 years. But when i was studying, i had never abused my legal status in canada or stayed beyond it. I have a very clean record there. And i have never been refused a TRV before when i used to apply through my study permit.

I want re-apply asap because i dont want to waste any more of my time on PGWP. My husband would not accompany me because he cant leave his business behind for even one day.he owns a restaurant and he doesnt even take sundays off. I have an aunt there, i'd be living with her, while my father will cover all my other expenses. What should i do? Please help me. Its urgent!