+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (in Canada)

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi. I am in the same boat. I applied to renew my TRV on April 6th but I have not receive anything yet. When I call immigration they tell me that my application has been approved on May 13th but because CPC ottawa is so busy now there is some delay to the applications and it will take time to send the passport request letter. I planned to go back to my home country but with this happening right now I think I might not be able to come back in summer break. That’s really frustrating the situation right now!
Any update?

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
@Shahbaz042 @aziza_ber Hi guys. Yes I received my passport request letter and my passport delivered to CPC Ottawa on July 15th and I am waiting for them to send my passport back.
How about you? Any update on your profile?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
@Shahbaz042 @aziza_ber Hi guys. Yes I received my passport request letter and my passport delivered to CPC Ottawa on July 15th and I am waiting for them to send my passport back.
How about you? Any update on your profile?
Hey I have received the correspondence letter but now I am still waiting for my passport request. Can you tell me the dates of your correspondence letter received and passport request received.

I did apply on 03 May

Reactions: aziza_ber

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hey I have received the correspondence letter but now I am still waiting for my passport request. Can you tell me the dates of your correspondence letter received and passport request received.

I did apply on 03 May
Same for me. Applied on 07 May and received correspondence letter on 13 July.

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020

I did apply on 03 May
Your application is inside Canada? Mine is inside and I received two letters. first was the validity of biometrics cause I did it two years ago and the second one was the passport request letter. I received both at the same day. I applied on April 6th and received my letter on June 30th.
I believe that your application is almost close to finalize because when you receive your correspondence letter I believe it shouldn’t take long to receive passport request letter.
@aziza_ber

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Your application is inside Canada? Mine is inside and I received two letters. first was the validity of biometrics cause I did it two years ago and the second one was the passport request letter. I received both at the same day. I applied on April 6th and received my letter on June 30th.
I believe that your application is almost close to finalize because when you receive your correspondence letter I believe it shouldn’t take long to receive passport request letter.
@aziza_ber
Yes. My application is in Canada and my biometric was also done two years ago. And you are right when we receive correspondence letter then just after that we receive the passport request (Just like in your case). But I don't know why they are taking much time after giving the correspondence letter. Hope we will get passport request till the end of this month.

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
@aziza_ber
Yes I applied inside Canada. I really hope I’ll get an answer soon. Thank you! Also, how long do you think until you get your passport back?

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
I think the reason of delay is the backlog of passports and applications. I hope you guys get the letter soon.
Right now, it’s been 10 days since my passport delivered to CPC. I emailed them but they did not respond. I hope I can get it back in 2 weeks because I have a travel coming up in August.
The situation is so frustrating. I wish the best for you guys as well and I believe good news are on the way!
@aziza_ber @Shahbaz042

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I think the reason of delay is the backlog of passports and applications. I hope you guys get the letter soon.
Right now, it’s been 10 days since my passport delivered to CPC. I emailed them but they did not respond. I hope I can get it back in 2 weeks because I have a travel coming up in August.
The situation is so frustrating. I wish the best for you guys as well and I believe good news are on the way!
@aziza_ber @Shahbaz042
Thank you for the updates! I really hope so. Good luck