abbyss

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a PR living outside Canada.

I have got a job in Canada and would be going there soon.

I would like to apply visitors visa for my spouse, so that she can accompany me to Canada.

Would there be any problem in getting visitors visa, if i send my PR card along with her document.

I would apply her PR after going to Canada.

Please advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try but it is fairly common for spouses of PR's or Canadians to be refused.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
you can apply its always a 50-50 chance you will have to prove to the VO that your wife will not over-stay her visa and she has no intention of staying in Canada permanently. This could be proved by a number of things such as employment, property in her name, her immediate family in her home country.

It also depends on how long you two have been married for. Alot of people get married in the last 3-6 months and want to bring their spouses into Canada on TRV they normally get denied. So I would suggest if your marriage is over a year old, even better if its 2+ you might have a better chance as this will show that you or spouse is NOT desperate to go to Canada...hope this helps I cant say much I am also in the same boat..Recently applied for a multiple TRV as my wife lives in Canada with our kids. I have been given 1 TRV before (3 month long) this time applying for a multiple visa- we have never applied for immigration so lets see how this works out..Good luck with your application if you and your wife do end up applying for TRV.

IF you need help with invitation letter/application for TRV i am always here. Cheers