+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for mother who is unemployed, living on pension/ interest from her savings account and does not own a property

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for visitor's visa for my mother. She's retired and gets monthly pension in her bank account. She has savings and also gets interest on her savings, meaning enough to show them as proof of funds. She's a widow and lives in a rented apartment (she does not own a property) with my sister (unmarried). My mother's siblings live near by and they often meet. My sister is a healthcare professional and is not dependent on my mother. Based on my situation, I wanted to make a strong case while applying for my mother's TRV. Since she is unemployed, living on pension/ interest from her savings account and does not own a property, I am wondering what should we mention in her application to ensure that it gets approved?

If someone has been on a similar boat in the past, please share your experience. I'd appreciate any help with the question above. Thanks in advance.

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for visitor's visa for my mother. She's retired and gets monthly pension in her bank account. She has savings and also gets interest on her savings, meaning enough to show them as proof of funds. She's a widow and lives in a rented apartment (she does not own a property) with my sister (unmarried). My mother's siblings live near by and they often meet. My sister is a healthcare professional and is not dependent on my mother. Based on my situation, I wanted to make a strong case while applying for my mother's TRV. Since she is unemployed, living on pension/ interest from her savings account and does not own a property, I am wondering what should we mention in her application to ensure that it gets approved?

If someone has been on a similar boat in the past, please share your experience. I'd appreciate any help with the question above. Thanks in advance.
If you can get a pension certificate which provides details on how frequently she needs to visit their office confirming her health status or in summary the certificate which shows that the pension will only be disposed to her account based on her physically visiting the office every 3-6 months and signing the physical presence papers or something of that sort.