+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV extension?

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
hi there
I have a question
my TRV will soon expire and my PR is still in process
so let say I already renewed my WP, so in filling up the form (IMM 1249), in the "I am applying for" question which box should i tick?

A. extension of temporary resident status as a visitor

or

C. An initial work permit or extension of work permit

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vrixer said:
hi there
I have a question
my TRV will soon expire and my PR is still in process
so let say I already renewed my WP, so in filling up the form (IMM 1249), in the "I am applying for" question which box should i tick?

or

Are you trying to extend/renew your WP? Application for change of status/extension of work permit and TRV are different. For your TRV you would have to process at a visa/consulate office outside Canada where as to renew/extend WP app is sent to CPC-V.

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
so let say I already extend/renewed my WP, for my TRV in filling up the form (IMM 1249), in the "I am applying for" question which box should i tick?

or

or should i use different form for my TRV for with in canada application?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vrixer said:
so let say I already extend/renewed my WP, for my TRV in filling up the form (IMM 1249), in the "I am applying for" question which box should i tick?

or

or should i use different form for my TRV for with in canada application?

imm5257 use this form and send to either Buffalo or seattle with a copy of your work permit and contract

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSALL

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
so i can use IMM 5257 even though I'm applying for my TRV with in canada?
because the form says "application for temporary resident visa made outside Canada"

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vrixer said:
so i can use IMM 5257 even though I'm applying for my TRV with in canada?
because the form says "application for temporary resident visa made outside Canada"
Yup that is why you are going to send it either to Seattle or Buffalo. You follow the guide; you send your passport and those that are asked for in the document checklist.