+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV extension application (with Passport) reached Fort Erie on May-29-2012

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
After extending my Work Permit, I sent my TRV extension application with Passport to Fort Erie for visa stickers. But my bad luck, the application reached them on May-29-2012 which was the day when Buffalo consulate was shutting down.

Till now, I have not received my passport. I am really confused as to when will I receive my passport? Not sure if the application would have been sent to another consulate due to Buffalo closure. Is there any way to track my passport? I am daily checking with the tracking number of my return envelope (Xpresspost) on the Canadapost.ca but no luck till now. Its been 2 and a half weeks now.

Appreciate a quick response.

thank you

Panda28

May 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gg08 said:
After extending my Work Permit, I sent my TRV extension application with Passport to Fort Erie for visa stickers. But my bad luck, the application reached them on May-29-2012 which was the day when Buffalo consulate was shutting down.

Till now, I have not received my passport. I am really confused as to when will I receive my passport? Not sure if the application would have been sent to another consulate due to Buffalo closure. Is there any way to track my passport? I am daily checking with the tracking number of my return envelope (Xpresspost) on the Canadapost.ca but no luck till now. Its been 2 and a half weeks now.

thank you
[I have almost the same situation, but I sent all my family paper in april 26, 2012 and they received the 30th, but they did not change the money draft, It means for me that they didn't open my file, the problem its that I tried to call them but they don't have someone attending the phones just a machine! :mad:, and know I worry for my passports too! and I don't know how or where To go and have a answer about wath it's going on? Thanks
]

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
gg08 said:

thank you
As I understant from CIC site, all study or work permit holders currently residing in Canada have to send their TRV applications to the CPP- Ottawa, effective May 29.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Try to call CIC and ask them!

Leila623

Jun 13, 2012
Buffalo is still working on our case, my friend passport issue date is on weekend, means although weekend, they are still working.
But looks like student Visa getting fast, but work permit slow.Mine is May 17, still no response.

beasty.boy

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
I'm in the same boat. I had no inkling the consulate was closing in May. I filled out the forms on May 28 & submitted on the same day. My application reached them on May 29. The return post tracking number is still not active. What makes it worse for me is that I'm moving from Scarborough to Mississauga on June 30. I'm hoping I will get my TRV in my current address before that, to avoid unnecessary hassle.

However, I don't you should worry about the passport. We sent our applications to Fort Erie. If Buffalo was closing, they should've routed it to Ottawa already. Even if they did forward it to Buffalo, the consular section will continue to process our application until June 29.
In the main page of buffalo consulate there is a message which reads - "The Consular Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo, New York will close on June 29, 2012."

Nag

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks Nag. I really hope our passports are safe and they re-routed it accordingly. You are right the buffalo website says the consular section is opened till Jun-29 but if you read it, it says "Effective June 29, 2012 consular service responsibility for Canadian citizens in New York State and Pennsylvania will transfer to the Consulate General of Canada in New York. Canadian citizens in New York State and Pennsylvania can obtain consular assistance and further consular information...." It talks only about Canadian Citizens.

Anways, Im hoping that we should receive it by next week. Btw, I think there is an option at Canadapost.ca to re-route your mails to the new-address from the old address (around 45$ for 1yr or 6months) but I am confident you won't need it.

Do update whenever you receive it. thanks, gg

Leila623

Jun 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

My passport is at FORT ERIE now, I sent it out at May 17, I am with work permit.
I hope I can get the TRV, also hope you guys good luck.

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Update: One of my friend's application reached Fort Erie on May-22 and he received his passport with stamped visa sticker on Jun-8. thanks

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi all :)

i'm about to submit my TRV application but i'm confused on how much money do i need to put on the "funds available for my stay".

how much should i need to put?

thank you all :)

beasty.boy

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
My visa-stamped passport was delivered this morning (June 22, 9AM). It was from Ottawa & the visa was issued on Jun 20. In summary, It took 4 more days compared to the usual 3 weeks turnaround time at Buffalo. Not bad at all.

Thank god & your wishes... I received it before I had to move. Otherwise, I was planning to call them on Monday & also arrange for mail forwarding with Canada Post. I don't have to do that anymore.

Best of luck, everybody.
gg, keep me posted on you case.

best regards
Nag

beasty.boy

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
@ Akina_green,
You could've opened a new thread.

As for the funds available for your stay, if you are on a work permit, you can mention your annual pay as mentioned in your employer's offer letter. That's what I did & it was approved. Alternatively, you can show sufficient funds in your bank account & provide a copy of the latest bank statement. I believe you will need about $8K for each person you are applying. I'm not sure about this number. You can call the consulate & confirm.

Include a return envelope is optional. I'd recommend it, because it allows you to track your post. Everyone I know had included a return envelope because it definitely offers more peace of mind. If you don't include it, the consulate will send you the passport by regular post. It is your choice depending on how much you trust Canada post to delivery your passports safely :)

Nag

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
beasty.boy said:
@ Akina_green,
You could've opened a new thread.

As for the funds available for your stay, if you are on a work permit, you can mention your annual pay as mentioned in your employer's offer letter. That's what I did & it was approved. Alternatively, you can show sufficient funds in your bank account & provide a copy of the latest bank statement. I believe you will need about $8K for each person you are applying. I'm not sure about this number. You can call the consulate & confirm.

Include a return envelope is optional. I'd recommend it, because it allows you to track your post. Everyone I know had included a return envelope because it definitely offers more peace of mind. If you don't include it, the consulate will send you the passport by regular post. It is your choice depending on how much you trust Canada post to delivery your passports safely :)

Nag
thank you so much :)

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
hey nag, really happy to hear that you received your passport. Infact, just checked by return envelope is "in play" showing status Jun-22 dispatched from Ottawa. I am hoping to receive the same by tomorrow. :))

cheers
gg

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014 AINP ; 07-11-2014 PR application submitted to CIO,sydney
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
jhyngx said:
Hi All,

I always check this specific thread because im the same situation with you guys. the only difference is mine is TRV extension.

Here's mine:

Application submitted to Fort Erie: May 29, 2012 - (10AM) before the VO close at night as i always check VO site. not Mar.29,2012 from my old post ;D
Application received by Fort Erie: June 1, 2012- (8AM) Item successfully delivered as per canada post
Returned envelope: not activated...still waiting as of today......

Hoping to receive mine within this week or next week..

Please keep up to date... thankss all..
my update as:
2012/06/26 19:45 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility - my returned envelope is coming!!

Thankks God!!