+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV 2nd Application Suggestions

cdh3

Aug 15, 2019
I am Canadian. I have been dating my girlfriend in Kunming China for 10 months now. We met while I was studying there for a year. I have been back in Canada since late July since classes ended, and have been here since due to 3 recent deaths in the family. In June before I left I helped her apply for a TRV to come visit me in August for 18 days, for which was denied. She provided travel her history to Germany, Italy, Thailand, Laos ect. This was her first denial. I applied for the ATIP request to get the notes from the officer that handled her case. I have them here.

" I have reviewed the application. I have considered the positive factors outlined by the applicant, including statements or other evidence. The applicant has a provided a reason for their visit to Canada. The applicant has some prior travel. However, I have given less weight to the positive factors, for the following reasons: Applicant is going to Canada to visit her boyfriend of 7 months............Applicant earns before tax 4300rmb/month, or roughly $860 CAD. taking the applicant's purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense. According to the applicant's current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to her employment ties to her country of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused the application. "

I mentioned in her invitation letter for her that she would be staying with my family and in her bank records provided she has over $10,000 cad in savings in her account as well as half of her apartment's mortgage paid off, so I can't understand why the visa officer's doubts that "the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.". She lives a very comfortable life with her salary as the cost of living and rent in her city is 4-5x less than the average Canadian.

In regards to "the applicant's current or future employment prospects,", whatever the officer means here is pretty ambiguous. We provided a stamped and signed letter from her employer acknowledging she has worked for them for one year, authorizing her trip to Canada for 18 days, a guarantee she would obey the local laws, and her job position would be held until her return. We also provided a stamped company registration document from her employer. She had reasonable employment history in her application as well.

I am curious what you guys think the chance of re-applying and getting a TRV for her to come visit me and my mom at Christmas would be? Does it look like decent visa notes compared to others you have seen?

Much gratitude for any advice,

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
" I have reviewed the application. I have considered the positive factors outlined by the applicant, including statements or other evidence. The applicant has a provided a reason for their visit to Canada. The applicant has some prior travel. However, I have given less weight to the positive factors, for the following reasons: Applicant is going to Canada to visit her boyfriend of 7 months............Applicant earns before tax 4300rmb/month, or roughly $860 CAD. taking the applicant's purpose of visit into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense. According to the applicant's current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to her employment ties to her country of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused the application. "
Even if your gf will just visit you, the visa officer will think she might overstay. Because a lot of people with Canadian gf/bf who applied or granted a trv eventually got married in Canada.

I mentioned in her invitation letter for her that she would be staying with my family and in her bank records provided she has over $10,000 cad in savings in her account as well as half of her apartment's mortgage paid off, so I can't understand why the visa officer's doubts that "the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.". She lives a very comfortable life with her salary as the cost of living and rent in her city is 4-5x less than the average Canadian.
There might be a standard on how much an applicant should have when applying for a TRV. In this case the visa officer feels that your gf did not meet them.

In regards to "the applicant's current or future employment prospects,", whatever the officer means here is pretty ambiguous. We provided a stamped and signed letter from her employer acknowledging she has worked for them for one year, authorizing her trip to Canada for 18 days, a guarantee she would obey the local laws, and her job position would be held until her return. We also provided a stamped company registration document from her employer. She had reasonable employment history in her application as well.
Strong ties is considered as one of the important factor to get a visit visa. Ties is defined as one of the following job, properties, home and a family or to simplify.. the reasons why an applicant will go back to their home country. Her tenure as an employee is only a year. Still considered as new and not that much established or grounded on the company. She can easily leave the company anytime. Her tie on the company is weak.

I am curious what you guys think the chance of re-applying and getting a TRV for her to come visit me and my mom at Christmas would be? Does it look like decent visa notes compared to others you have seen?
Much gratitude for any advice,
You can always re-apply make sure you address the reasons for refusal, like top up the money on the bank.

Last edited:

cdh3

Aug 15, 2019
Even if your gf will just visit you, the visa officer will think she might overstay. Because a lot of people with Canadian gf/bf who applied or granted a trv eventually got married in Canada.

There might be a standard on how much an applicant should have when applying for a TRV. In this case the visa officer feels that your gf did not meet them.

Strong ties is considered as one of the important factor to get a visit visa. Ties is defined as one of the following job, properties, home and a family or to simplify.. the reasons why an applicant will go back to their home country. Her tenure as an employee is only a year. Still considered as new and not that much established or grounded on the company. She can easily leave the company anytime. Her tie on the company is weak.

You can always re-apply make sure you address the reasons for refusal, like top up the money on the bank.
I would not recommend "topping up the money" as this would look suspicious to any visa officer. I will just politely address their concerns in our cover letter.
Do you think we would have better chances if we wait until we get married and try for her to visit on a TRV as a spouse?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I would not recommend "topping up the money" as this would look suspicious to any visa officer. I will just politely address their concerns in our cover letter.
FYI "the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense. "
What I suggest is by the time she applies again, she should at least add up money on her savings since it was the issue to begin with.