+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP for Non PR Child

umairtariq

Apr 20, 2013
I want to apply for TRP for my Non PR child as he was born out of Canada. I have moved back to Canada.

Now I would like to ask that how should I apply for TRP for my son. Do I need to apply in my home country or in Canada.

The VO of my home country lists only the fee detail for TRP with the note "Special Situations (Do not pay these fees unless advised by us)". I could not find any other detail / form. canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/processing_fees-frais_traitement.aspx

Once my son is here I will apply for his sponsorship.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
I had the same problem, but finally CIC - UK agreed to issue the TRP for my kid.
however, it's been more than 2 weeks now i had submitted my kid passport but there is no news from them.

Infact i applied for TRV, but they refused and covereted by application to TRP and asked for 200$ payment of TRP.

Hopefully, i will get TRP in couple of Days.

Can anyone guide me, how much time they will give me to land in Canada. or in other words what will be the expairy date of TRP???

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Guys,

i've got the TRP after two week, which is valid for 2 year and entry type is multiple.

umairtariq

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Saf_khan
I am still having this problem. I have even contacted the embassy through an Agent and they told that since the parents hold PR so they should sponsor the child. The embassy will not give visa (visit/TRP). The problem is that if I sponsor my son than I have to sponsor my wife (again) as well because her PR will expire by the time my son gets PR.

And If I sponsor both that it may take some good time.

I wanted to ask that hoe you applied for TRP? Why embassy is refusing this to me?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you apply for a visit visa (TRV) or did you specify that you are applying for a TRP? Here is some info on applying for a TRP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

What were the grounds you were refused? If the grounds were that you were not planning for your child to visit but to remain permanently, a TRP could be granted even if a TRV were refused. In your letter applying for a TRP, explain that you need the TRP to take your child to Canada for the duration of the sponsorship in order to save yourself and your family the stress of being separated for the months that the sponsorship may take and in order to save your wife's PR as she will be unable to meet the residency obligation if she has to stay back with your child.

If they still refuse the TRP, you will have to go to Canada alone and sponsor your child. If during that time, your wife is unable to meet the residency obligation but her PR card is still valid, she can still enter Canada with your child. However, she should at that point stay for 2 years straight, letting her PR card expire before applying to renew. In that case, she will not have any problems renewing it.

umairtariq

Apr 20, 2013
I applied for TRV for my son which was refused on the grounds that My son is not likely to come back.

I am already in Canada. I want that my family be with me. Once my son is here that I will apply for inland sponsorship. That way, my wife could retain her PR.

I contacted embassy through an Agent. The embassy replied that they will not give visa to my son. I can sponsor my son right now but with that I have to sponsor my wife as well. So the whole process may take up to 2 yrs.

Is there any way that my wife and son could come and I can sponsor my son within Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umairtariq said:
I applied for TRV for my son which was refused on the grounds that My son is not likely to come back.

I am already in Canada. I want that my family be with me. Once my son is here that I will apply for inland sponsorship. That way, my wife could retain her PR.

I contacted embassy through an Agent. The embassy replied that they will not give visa to my son. I can sponsor my son right now but with that I have to sponsor my wife as well. So the whole process may take up to 2 yrs.

Is there any way that my wife and son could come and I can sponsor my son within Canada.
You can still try applying for a TRP for your son stating that it is great hardship on your family to be separated as well as your wife may lose her PR. Try it. You can not sponsor your wife right now because officially she still has her PR. You can sponsor your son now outland. If you can't get a TRP for him and your wife ends up not meeting the residency requirements with a still valid PR card, she will have to enter Canada normally but deal with immigration when she arrives. If they want to report her for not meeting the requirements, they can do it but she can appeal based on having been refused a TRV and TRP for the child and having to stay outside for that reason. Even if she loses the appeal, you could then sponsor her inland.