05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
Hi,

I need some help. Is there anyway to reverse a decision that was made that our granddaughter is not able to visit my husband (Permanent Resident ) from Jamaica since 2014. Our granddaughter is 10 years old. We wanted her to come and visit us for 6 weeks in the summer. We provided a letter stating that we would pay for all her travel expenses, take care of all her needs and prepay for any travel insurance.

We own our own home and on our 2017 Income tax our income was more than 150,000.00 CANADIAN DOLLARS. We provided a copy of our income tax assessment. We provided proof of our assets, RRSPS and LIRA, which are also in my husbands name and are in excess of 200,000.00.

They denied his granddaughter a visitors visa based on the following:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision I considered several factors, including:

travel history
family ties in Canada and country of residence
length of proposed stay in Canada

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

My questions is how much travel history and income and assets do they expect a 10 year old to have? We certainly have enough income and assets to carry out her stated purpose. The family ties include a mother and father in Jamaica and a grandfather and grandmother in Canada. Also, it is not unreasonable that we would want her to come for 6 weeks during the summer. The principal of her school also wrote a letter, and said that she was a student and what days she needed to be back for the commencement of the 2018 school year.

I would appreciate some assistance to appeal this decision, or at the very least have it personally addressed. THe reasons that they have provided make absolutely no sense and have no validity.

Thank you,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I need some help. Is there anyway to reverse a decision that was made that our granddaughter is not able to visit my husband (Permanent Resident ) from Jamaica since 2014. Our granddaughter is 10 years old. We wanted her to come and visit us for 6 weeks in the summer. We provided a letter stating that we would pay for all her travel expenses, take care of all her needs and prepay for any travel insurance.

We own our own home and on our 2017 Income tax our income was more than 150,000.00 CANADIAN DOLLARS. We provided a copy of our income tax assessment. We provided proof of our assets, RRSPS and LIRA, which are also in my husbands name and are in excess of 200,000.00.

They denied his granddaughter a visitors visa based on the following:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision I considered several factors, including:

travel history
family ties in Canada and country of residence
length of proposed stay in Canada

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

My questions is how much travel history and income and assets do they expect a 10 year old to have? We certainly have enough income and assets to carry out her stated purpose. The family ties include a mother and father in Jamaica and a grandfather and grandmother in Canada. Also, it is not unreasonable that we would want her to come for 6 weeks during the summer. The principal of her school also wrote a letter, and said that she was a student and what days she needed to be back for the commencement of the 2018 school year.

I would appreciate some assistance to appeal this decision, or at the very least have it personally addressed. THe reasons that they have provided make absolutely no sense and have no validity.

Thank you,
Hi

The reasons are valid and the refusal cannot be appealed. She has no travel history and she does have strong family ties in Canada. 6 weeks is way too long for a first visit. Host financials are not really relevant; what financials were submitted from her parents? What is the full list of documents submitted?

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
How Much travel history do they expect from a 10 year old child? That seems a little unreasonable. I brought my sister in law here for 2 month visit on her first time.
You said she has strong ties or does not have strong ties? They said she does not. What do they consider strong ties? Is mother and father not a strong tie? I am confused.

Her father submitted a letter of employment. Both parents submitted the letter that they allow our granddaughter to come from July 2 to Aug 10.

Reactions: zardoz

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
Also, you said the hosts financials are not important. Do you know why they asked for current proof of our RRSP's and LIRA's?

The full list of documents submitted:

letter from principal at her school
Visitors letter
2017 Income tax
Commissioned letter from both parents
Employment letter from her father's employer
copy of her grandfathers RRSP and LIRA
Copy of both of our Canadian ID
Childs Birth Certificate
Childs Passport