owais.aziz

Feb 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

This is an important question. As you know, most of us applied for the QSW route because in 2011 Federal Route wasn't accepting many of the Engineer categories. Apparently, some of us knew basic french and were qualifiying with the rules in place in 2011.

Now, Can children of QSQ PR holders goto English Medium Public School in Montreal???
I see that there are eligiblity requirements. I don't mind my children studying french but learning
math, science, everything in French that is kind of completely isolating the child to Quebec. Bascially, its a trap for
our children. I rather prefer child learning french seriously, but taking instructions in english on all subjects, with a mix of french
thrown in.

Regards,

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Under very limited circumstances kids can go to english schools

1) one of their sibling attended english school in canada
2) there parents attended english school in canada

Your only option would be private school which would cost you minimum 12k a year.

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
The rule is that all kids go to school in French. From kindergarden to high school. Afterwards, for college and University, they are free to go to English schools. McGill and Concordia are great universities. Your children will also take some English classes during school.

You can make a request so your kids can study in English, but ONLY if you are CITIZEN of Canada and that you studied in English IN CANADA.

Regards,