fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi guys! Has anyone travel outside of Canada and was able to come back to the country without their PR cards and just using the eCOPR?
I haven’t received my card in the mail and I’m anxiously waiting so I could travel to visit my family

Fzis

Oct 30, 2021
Hi! Unfortunately no. My husband is currently stuck overseas waiting for a PRTD. He has his COPR with him but the would not let him travel.

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi! Unfortunately no. My husband is currently stuck overseas waiting for a PRTD. He has his COPR with him but the would not let him travel.
Sorry to hear that! It’s so frustrating… I’ve been a temporary resident of Canada for 2+ years now.. with a work permit before getting PR, drivers licence, OHIP, Canadian sin number, I rent my own place, have a job and pay taxes and I could still not be allow to come back if I leave because of the unfair waiting times I have to go through before receiving my card in the mail… some people get it within the first month of receiving their COPR.. I’m so heartbroken

Reactions: jakklondon and Fzis

Fzis

Oct 30, 2021
Oh man, sorry to hear that.

my husband has been a PR for 8 years. This is the first time he’s left canada. We’ve applied for citizenship already which is why we didn’t renew his PR card. But they haven’t even touched that application yet. So once his father became ill, we applied to renew the card. Nothing.Then we sent an urgent processing request with all the supporting documents and they haven’t even touched that one either.
meanwhile I’m on maternity leave alone with our kids, rent is due andI pay his taxes bi-weekly as he is self employed.
this is beyond unfair. We are all affected by Covid but only government related services are so behind on everything.
Wishing you the best of luck and a speedy resolution!!

Reactions: jakklondon

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke

my husband has been a PR for 8 years. This is the first time he’s left canada. We’ve applied for citizenship already which is why we didn’t renew his PR card. But they haven’t even touched that application yet. So once his father became ill, we applied to renew the card. Nothing.Then we sent an urgent processing request with all the supporting documents and they haven’t even touched that one either.
meanwhile I’m on maternity leave alone with our kids, rent is due andI pay his taxes bi-weekly as he is self employed.
this is beyond unfair. We are all affected by Covid but only government related services are so behind on everything.
Thank you so much! Same to you. I really hope your husband can come back home to you soon. Stay strong and take care

Reactions: jakklondon

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Hi guys! Has anyone travel outside of Canada and was able to come back to the country without their PR cards and just using the eCOPR?
I haven’t received my card in the mail and I’m anxiously waiting so I could travel to visit my family
Not sure what e-COPR is (I may assume it's COPR in e-format), but back in the days when we landed we were issued COPRs. Those can be used as proof of PR at land crossing. If you have access to and able to reach Canada by land from the US, you might be able to re-enter using it. You will also need your national passport, to ID yourself.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021

I totally agree. It's unfair. But good luck saying it out loud. I was relentlessly harassed by some very vocal trolls on this forum, just for bringing up such issues , which I feel are totally unfair to Canadian PRs.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I took Greyhound to the USA no problem & reentered canada in a private vehicle with two of my friends who shared the driving with my US Passport & ecopr with no problem.