+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Mexico after ecorp

oyg567

Feb 29, 2024
Hi,
I have a non changeable travel plan to Mexico the end of April. I applied the early of Feb so I thought it’s ganna takes like 6 months.
However the PR process is way faster than I thought. Everything has been passed just background check is left.
Since I am Korean and my life is pretty clear, background check will not take long?? (Idk haha)

My question is what happen if I get ecorp but no physical card.
Check in will be self-check in.
Only concern is entry immigration.
Current visa PGWP and valid till August.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I have a non changeable travel plan to Mexico the end of April. I applied the early of Feb so I thought it’s ganna takes like 6 months.
However the PR process is way faster than I thought. Everything has been passed just background check is left.
Since I am Korean and my life is pretty clear, background check will not take long?? (Idk haha)

My question is what happen if I get ecorp but no physical card.
Check in will be self-check in.
Only concern is entry immigration.
Current visa PGWP and valid till August.
A PGWP does not allow you to re-enter Canada. If you are not yet a PR, then you would require a valid eTA to board the plane and re-enter Canada.

Once you have landed and become a PR, IRCC generally cancels eTAs / TRVs. Once that happens, you need either a valid PR card or valid PRTD to board the plane. (The issue is not immigration, it's getting on the plane headed for Canada.) Alternatively, you can fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle.

Reactions: YVR123