+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling after the oath and before getting the passport

Adhamez

May 18, 2022
Good day Sir/Madam
I had to reschedule my citizenship oath as I’m outside the country for sometimes,
My son (15 years old) is on the same citizenship application (which we applied togeather) already in the country, living with his mom (my ex-wife)and he did the oath successfully.

My son was planning to visit me this summer by the end of June and stay with me for a month or so and already booked the tickets 3 months ago.

The situation now is that his citizenship certificate is on hold because I didn’t do mine yet. So he has no PR card neither a Canadian passport to enter the country in case he leaves to visit me.

What are the options that we have? so he can get his vacation and me having the chance to see him knowing that I don’t know when I’ll be back to do my oath as I’m staying with my wife until her Sponsorship application is finalised so we can come back to Canada together.

Your quick response shall be appreciated

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think it make sense for you to travel back and attend your oath ceremony with your son.
Then you can travel outside of Canada and stay outside as a citizen and still be able to sponsor your new wife.