+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling in Pandemic with RTD

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,
I hope all of you will be doing good.
So, I’m asking this question for one of my friends. In fact he is holding RTD and have plans to visit Turkey soon so the question is that will he face any restrictions while leaving and heading back to Canada? because the government is allowing to travel only to those who holds PR or Citizenship.
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I hope all of you will be doing good.
So, I’m asking this question for one of my friends. In fact he is holding RTD and have plans to visit Turkey soon so the question is that will he face any restrictions while leaving and heading back to Canada? because the government is allowing to travel only to those who holds PR or Citizenship.
Regards
There are never any guarantees that it will be possible to easily return to Canada due to covid. If one risks travelling these days against Canada's advice you have to prepare for potentially getting stuck in another country.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I travelled in December 2020 to Turkey and came back mid January. It was few weeks before the new rules (quarantine in a hotel etc.). I only hold an RTD no PR, so just carried my refugee claimant paper and Notice of decision.

When I arrived in Canada I was asked about why I travelled, and I gave my reasons (it was a family emergency) and everything was fine.

But like everyone else mentioned, everything can change all of a sudden so this might not be the case now :)

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
I travelled in December 2020 to Turkey and came back mid January. It was few weeks before the new rules (quarantine in a hotel etc.). I only hold an RTD no PR, so just carried my refugee claimant paper and Notice of decision.

When I arrived in Canada I was asked about why I travelled, and I gave my reasons (it was a family emergency) and everything was fine.

But like everyone else mentioned, everything can change all of a sudden so this might not be the case now :)
Hi sir,
Thanks a lot