+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling as a brand new citizen without a passport?

nadolguna

Feb 7, 2023
I have my citizenship ceremony tomorrow which is amazing after all the work and time that it took to get to this point. One thing though that has me worried, during the ceremony we will be cutting up our permanent residency cards but I won’t have my citizenship certificate for a couple of weeks and then after that I will need to apply for a passport which could take months from what I hear with delays.
So my question is how do you travel during this weird interim period? As of now I don’t have any travel plans for awhile but I’m worried about something like a family emergency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have my citizenship ceremony tomorrow which is amazing after all the work and time that it took to get to this point. One thing though that has me worried, during the ceremony we will be cutting up our permanent residency cards but I won’t have my citizenship certificate for a couple of weeks and then after that I will need to apply for a passport which could take months from what I hear with delays.
So my question is how do you travel during this weird interim period? As of now I don’t have any travel plans for awhile but I’m worried about something like a family emergency.
Wrong section of the forum. Post to the Citizenship section.

nadolguna

Feb 7, 2023
I have my citizenship ceremony tomorrow which is amazing after all the work and time that it took to get to this point. One thing though that has me worried, during the ceremony we will be cutting up our permanent residency cards but I won’t have my citizenship certificate for a couple of weeks and VidMate then after that I will need to apply for a passport which could take months from what I hear with delays.
I got this,..