+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with PR card without passport

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi all,

I'm Canadian PR. I sent my passport to the Canadian embassy in Moscow to issue a PR travel document to travel back to Canada. I've just received my PR card (it was brought from Canada by my friend). I'm in urgent need to go back to Canada, but I'm still waiting my passport from a Canadian embassy.
Question: Will I be travel back to Canada without my passport only with my PR card in hand?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bs65 said:
No without a passport from outside Canada you would not get past the checkin stage
OP can still use non commercial vehicle such as swimming to Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
SamSamo said:
Hi all,

I'm Canadian PR. I sent my passport to the Canadian embassy in Moscow to issue a PR travel document to travel back to Canada. I've just received my PR card (it was brought from Canada by my friend). I'm in urgent need to go back to Canada, but I'm still waiting my passport from a Canadian embassy.
Question: Will I be travel back to Canada without my passport only with my PR card in hand?
Since you have your PR card, you can cancel the PRTD application.
If you need to travel urgently and cannot get your passport back in time, does your country's passport-issuing authority issue travel documents for such a purpose?