+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to US after Oath

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Am I allow to travel to the US after taking Oath right away? I'm planing to visit a friend and return on same day or after one day at the latest. I know some people will recommend to wait and apply for a Canadian passport but lets say just in case, What are the consequences?

Thanks

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

Am I allow to travel to the US after taking Oath right away? I'm planing to visit a friend and return on same day or after one day at the latest. I know some people will recommend to wait and apply for a Canadian passport but lets say just in case, What are the consequences?

Thanks
How do you get back without your PR card ?

Reactions: YoyoTofi

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi,

Thanks
If you are travelling through land border, you can use COPR & Canadian Citizenship Certificate to re-enter but I would not recommend this. But there are many instance where people have done this & I know couple of them.

If you are travelling through any other means then they wont allow you board with PR Card, Canadian Passport, or a travel document.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If you are travelling through land border, you can use COPR & Canadian Citizenship Certificate to re-enter but I would not recommend this. But there are many instance where people have done this & I know couple of them.

If you are travelling through any other means then they wont allow you board with PR Card, Canadian Passport, or a travel document.
I came through two days ago with just my certificate. No problem. I did take the time to update my citizenship to NEXUS before I left, as well. I applied for my passport before I left, but I wasn't going to pay the exorbitant expediting fees.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Yeah but going to the USA, u best have a US Visa or be part of visa-waiver countries......(depending on the passport u have from origin).
Expect additional processing time at the border (on either side).

You can check the CIC/CBSA[Canada] and/or CBP[USA] websites for details

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah but going to the USA, u best have a US Visa or be part of visa-waiver countries......(depending on the passport u have from origin).
Expect additional processing time at the border (on either side).

You can check the CIC/CBSA[Canada] and/or CBP[USA] websites for details
Ah, fair point. Admittedly, I was only looking at this from the point of view of returning. I have a US passport, so entry into the states isn't a problem for me, but may be for someone that used to require other travel documents.