19-May-2011
File Transfer...
19-May-2011 and received ND on 01-June-2011
Med's Done....
1-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Issued: 28-June-2011 and received: 6-July-2011
Hi Folks,

I stumbled upon this forum and it was great to see so many posts and people helping out each other. I hope to get some help too :)

My Sponsor and I are just about to drop off the application for Canadian Permanent Residency. Our visa processing center is going to be New-Delhi. My question is - what happens if I happen to mtravel on a work visa (L1) to USA. I am currently in India and my employer has been after me to start working from their office in LAS VEGAS. Its a great opportunity and I don't want to miss it, but at the same time I want to ensure that there is no impact on my Canadian visa processing. I have read somewhere that in case of address change, all I need to do is either email the visa processing center about the address change or click the link "I need to.." and update the address online. Please advice whether travel to a different country while Application is In-Process could have a negative impact?

Looking forward to your kind responses.

Thanks!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I don't believe there is any issue with accepting a position abroad while the application processes the only issue I would be concerned with is if they require an interveiw you would have to fly back to India. The other problem would be when they require your passport you would have to fly back yourself or have someone bring it for you (illegal to courier passports in or out of India).