+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel outside Canada after sending the application for the PR sponsorship for my spouse

saurabhrai

Jan 11, 2021
I'm currently on PR and I'm planning to send the PR sponsor application for my spouse (who is currently living in India) in the next few weeks. I'm thinking of visiting my spouse for 1.5 months while we wait for the application to process. Is it a good idea? I've been hearing that the sponsor should not leave Canada after having the application sent. Is there any restriction or seriously advised to be in Canada during this time?

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Are you a PR or citizen. PRs must remain in Canada (excluding short trips, which 1.5 months isn’t) during the processing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi - did you travel and did if yes, did it affect your application?
Since you are posting the same thing in multiple threads, here's one where a poster did have an issue:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/page-7#post-9759225

Outright refusal, mind.

Have also seen several other threads where processing of a file took very long, and in a few cases where it was confirmed that they were delayed due to sponsor not being in Canada (travelled for some time).