+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
Hi, can anyone explain that on travel history form does it require last 10 year travel history or longer period? Some says you need to mention from 18 year onward travel history.
Thanks.

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi, can anyone explain that on travel history form does it require last 10 year travel history or longer period? Some says you need to mention from 18 year onward travel history.
Thanks.
Me too, I hope someone will give us an answer... but I think they say that in their application " since you are 18 if this was lee than 10 years ago" so they just need to know your travels in the last 10 years.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I hope you get the idea based on the example below

For the Travel History as attachment you need to scan your entry/exit stamp or visa used for the past 10 years.
So if you are currently 22 years old you attach from age 12 on wards.

For the Forms example IMM5257 it says "since the age of 18 or during the past 5 years, which ever is recent"
If your are 22 years old and you've been travelling to other countries since the age of 10, you can only declare your travels when you were aged 18 - 22 .
If you are 25 years old then declare the past 5 years of travel. When you were aged 20-25

Last edited:

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had three questions on travel history for Canada PR.

1) If I live in a smaller city (Eg: Pune) but travel international only from a much bigger city (Eg: Mumbai), do I need to write Mumbai in cities visited section?

2) For any trips to Europe to multiple countries, in the country section do I put in the country where I landed and took off from? And should all cities visited in that trip be included in one entry or separate entries?

3) In case I just transit a particular city in a country but don’t leave the airport terminal, should the city be included in travel history?

TIA for the support

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi everyone,

I had three questions on travel history for Canada PR.

1) If I live in a smaller city (Eg: Pune) but travel international only from a much bigger city (Eg: Mumbai), do I need to write Mumbai in cities visited section?
Pune and Mumbai are both in India. Travel history refers to countries outside your country of residence.
2) For any trips to Europe to multiple countries, in the country section do I put in the country where I landed and took off from? And should all cities visited in that trip be included in one entry or separate entries?
In travel history, you need to scan your entry/exit stamps or visa. In the forms you need to indicate in detail the country and specific city/place where you went. The travel history with the entry/exit stamps will support what you declared on the forms.
3) In case I just transit a particular city in a country but don’t leave the airport terminal, should the city be included in travel history?
TIA for the support
No, because you did not stay there. You did not do touristy stuff like visit places, museum..etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: nirushanraj

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Pune and Mumbai are both in India. Travel history refers to countries outside your country of residence.

Thanks.

In travel history, you need to scan your entry/exit stamps or visa. In the forms you need to indicate in detail the country and specific city/place where you went. The travel history with the entry/exit stamps will support what you declared on the forms.

Since we don’t get entry exit stamps if we are transiting between different cities in Europe, is it ok if I just put in the country which I entered and exited in the Schengen area? And in the cities I can put all the cities I visited in Schengen by comma separation?

Or do I need to mention each Schengen country separately?

No, because you did not stay they. You did not do touristy stuff like visit places, museum..etc..
Thanks.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

Can anyone advise me please - if I renewed my travel passport five years ago. And I don’t have my old passport with its stamps/visas to show my travel history for the last ten years.

But I do have all my travel tickets copies for those ten years. And I also have an exit/entrance report from my country municipality.

Would that be fine?

Thank you very much.

lapse

Jul 31, 2018
Has XXXX, and if applicable, XXXX's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

In this case do we have to share travel history of our parents and siblings

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Has XXXX, and if applicable, XXXX's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

In this case do we have to share travel history of our parents and siblings
No. Family members in IRCC's definition refer to spouse/common-law partner and dependent children. That's what's being asked for.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I stayed in belgium for 1 year for MS degree. In this period of time i travelled almost 17 countries of europe. For example from belgium to Italy, Germany, etc my passport were not stamped.. And most of the trips were for 4 days, or 2 days... Do i include all the trips into travel history section? Or should i include those which were stamped in the passport

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I stayed in belgium for 1 year for MS degree. In this period of time i travelled almost 17 countries of europe. For example from belgium to Italy, Germany, etc my passport were not stamped.. And most of the trips were for 4 days, or 2 days... Do i include all the trips into travel history section? Or should i include those which were stamped in the passport

Jinkajinka

Jun 15, 2017
Hello guys i need help... im applying for a permanent resident inside canada and my husband works in the middle east and he travel a lot with his employer and its too many with the last 10 years. And he said its hard to remember all his trips... is it necessary to write all? im scared if I miss it will result to refusal.. thank you in advance for your response

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Hello @Shushmoy Mahid
Same situation, could you please confirm what steps did you take?