+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel from saudi

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
Hello everyone,
My wife and I are travelling to canada from saudi. She is travelling on a student and iam on a visitor visa.

Which sector can i book tickets which dont require transit visa for indians ?

Does germany/frankfurt require transit visa ?

Thank u

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
My wife and I are travelling to canada from saudi. She is travelling on a student and iam on a visitor visa.

Which sector can i book tickets which dont require transit visa for indians ?

Does germany/frankfurt require transit visa ?

Thank u
No transit visa required. Is your spouse visiting Canada to get you settled? Are doing a masters or PhD?

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
No transit visa required. Is your spouse visiting Canada to get you settled? Are doing a masters or PhD?
Hello, thank you :)

Iam visiting canada to settle my spouse. Shes doing a pg certificate program at centennial.

Only frankfurt doesnt require transit visa for indians or even london, europe etc ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, thank you :)

Iam visiting canada to settle my spouse. Shes doing a pg certificate program at centennial.

Only frankfurt doesnt require transit visa for indians or even london, europe etc ?
So you are coming to Canada for a short visit for example 2 weeks? The change in policy will mean that you will not be able to remain and get an SOWP. Most countries will not require a transit visa although your should verify your exact circumstances based on your home country passport. Also will depend on if your flights are in the same terminal and the length of your layover.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you!
Have the rules already changed for sowp ? Wesnt everyone waiting for announcement from them ?
Yes rules have changed. Unless doing a masters or PhD spouses of international students no longer qualify for SOWP. Spouses of international students were never guarantee an SOWP. Couples who had recently gotten married or who had minimal in person relationship history often struggle to get an SOWP especially on their first attempt but now SOWP for spouses of international student will only be available for students studying masters or PhDs. The exact date when spouses stated being denied was not announced so could have already been in place for a few weeks and if not in pace already will start at any moment. If you were trying to move to Canada with your spouse you should apply for an SOWP immediately in the hopes that IRCC may still be approving spouses of international students. There is no harm in trying. If your spouse will only study if you can accompany them then it is best to get the results of the SOWP now. By the time your spouse travels to Canada to study it will be extremely unlikely that you will able to qualify for an SOWP. It may not be possible if you arrived tomorrow we don’t know.