+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am a Hungarian citizen, living in Canada since 2006. I got my PR status a week ago and I bought a plane ticket prior to my PR interview to visit my family in Hungary for the Holidays. Since there is only a little hope that I get my PR card before departure, I saw on the website that I might be able to apply for a travel document. Does anybody have any experience with it?

The lady at the pr interview told me that I can't leave or re-enter Canada without my PR card so I am scared to leave, this travel document would be a huge help for me.
Do you guys know if it's possible to apply from Canada or you have to be -in my case it's Vienna, Austria to apply? How long does it take to receive the document? Can "brand new" permanent residents apply while waiting for the first card?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
AgiHun said:
The lady at the pr interview told me that I can't leave or re-enter Canada without my PR card so I am scared to leave, this travel document would be a huge help for me.
Oh and she also told me "unless somebody from here sends your PR card after you to Europe".... ummm... if I can't leave then how could someone send something after me? ::)