+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document on Humantarian ground as PR expired

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Dear Friends
I have a query about getting a travel document to move back to canada as my PR card has expired. I got PR in 2006 Nov for self and my daughter ( infant at that time). I got divorced and I got the custody of my daughter. I informed in canadian high commission about my case and they issued PR visa for me and my daughter after canceeling my wifes name.

I went in Canada in 2006 Nov with my infant daughter 9 below two years). As it was difficult to stay and work with small child I came back after a month.

Second time I again went to Canada in 2009 alone but came back after 3 months as here my old parents were not able to look after my daughter as I am still single.

I got married in 2010 again but we could not move together again and there was a matrimonial problem again and my wife and I could not stay together.

In between , Third time I again enetered in Canada in 2011 Oct before expiring my PR card officialy. But stayed there for 15 days and came back as legeal divorced was required to legal divorce with my second wife. So I came back and after starting legal divorce procedure we got divorced on May 2012.

Now I am free of my matrimonial isued and my daughter has also grown up, she is about 8 years now.

Now my query is

(1) - Can I get travel documents for me and my daughter based on unavoidable and humantarian ground seeing the good future of my child.

(2) - What will be the procedure to apply for travel document ?

(3) - What is the probability to get one chance?

Pls guide me

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you have a good chance of getting a travel document. You made 3 very short attempts and something always came up. A lot of people in Canada are single parents and somehow they make it work.

Of course you can try it though. You can find the application forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp You should apply at the embassy in your country.

If you don't get it but your daughter grows up and wants to revive her PR, she has a pretty good chance of getting a travel document in 10-12 years. A minor removed from Canada by a parent, seeking to return first chance after reaching adulthood, has a pretty good chance of getting it.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Dear Leon
It is about one year now after my card has expired. Can I apply now and If Embassy people will call me for interview ? and If they call do i need to carry my 8 year daughter with me? What you feel what are the probability to get Travel document? Pls respond

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply now if you think you are ready to go. However, I don't think your chances are very good. You have to convince immigration that you had good reasons why you could not stay and that this time you will be successful. If you get this travel document, it is a last chance thing for you and you should stay in Canada for at least 2 years in order to meet the residency obligation.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Dear Leon
Beside my youger daughter there is also a reason as my father is a heart patient and he got operated for it. So to take care of my father was important for me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you show medical documents of your father and doctors statements and claim that you failed to meet the residency requirements because of his illness and you taking care of him, you have a much better chance of getting a travel document.

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Leon said:
If you show medical documents of your father and doctors statements and claim that you failed to meet the residency requirements because of his illness and you taking care of him, you have a much better chance of getting a travel document.
To add to this you would probably need to prove there was / is no other family member around to look after your father too.