+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translating documents

Unii31

May 10, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I would like to ask a question. Soon I'll be applying for the student visa and I want to prepare all I need already.

I'm a bit unsure about the documents that need to be translated into English and legalized. Do I need to have the bank account drafts translated?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every supporting document included into your application should be translated into English or French. Notarized translation is not required.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had all my bank statements/ pay stubs and tax returns (from the past 4 months) translated from Japanese into english. I also asked the translator to write me a letter which had a list of all the docs he translated and certify he was a legal translator.

Unii31

May 10, 2014
Oh that's very good to know ! Could the fact that the bank account doesn't have 4 months old (I've created it in April, never really was interested into using banks) cause any issue? I'm going to be using my account and my parent's (their is old enough). About that, in the application form, you cannot choose both so given that, I should check "others" box and write next to it "Parents and myself" ?

Thank you very much for your responses guys ! All this Visa process seems so confusing and long and I don't want to make any mistakes into filling the forms and submitting the necesary documents.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, the VO only needs your banking information for the past 3 months, because this term is representative enough to demonstrate your expenses and earnings to the case adjudicator.