+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit visa

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
dear friends
i want to travel to Toronto, the flighst are via london, europe or USa..do i need transit visa if i have pr visa
2) how to book motels in brampton
3) am an engineer do i need to take P engg test for working in canada
can i register for the test before coming to canada

hope to get answer please

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You don't need a transit visa for the UK if you are transferring within one airport. Probably the same for Europe. No idea for the US.
Can't help with the other questions.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Re 2) google or use expedia etc
3) are you visiting or working? You won't be allowed into the country unless you are visa exempt or have some form of visa. You need to be very careful if your intention is to work and you don't have a work permit
I do not believe you need a p eng test

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you require a visa to visit the US as a tourist then you require a transit visa to transit through there on your way to Canada.

hsingh35

Oct 15, 2013
Hello Friends
thanks for your reply..I have PR visa but not having PR card..now please tell me whether i require transit visa when my flight is via 1) america 2) europe 3) london
please reply
thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsingh35 said:
dear friends
i want to travel to Toronto, the flighst are via london, europe or USa..do i need transit visa if i have pr visa
2) how to book motels in brampton
3) am an engineer do i need to take P engg test for working in canada
can i register for the test before coming to canada

hope to get answer please
1. Transit options depend on the passport you hold and if there are any exemptions by the country you are transiting in...you are effectively asking how long is a piece of string...it depends. For the UK those Canadian PRs requiring transit visas would normally get a waiver if they had a valid PR Card. The UK also gives a waiver where you hold a valid visa for entry to Canada which presumably is what you have - are you travelling to Canada to land as a PR? Note the UK waivers are discretionary so if the border official doesn't like your story you will get bounced.

2. The US requires you to hold a transit visa unless you are a national that can use the Visa Waiver Program (subject to other criteria) or are exempt from Visa requirements - Google is your friend type CBP.

Hint don't go via the US (the customs clearing process can easily make you miss your onward flights) and avoid the UK if possible...try one of the main Continental European hubs such as Amsterdam.

3. Engineering is a regulated profession in Canada...to practice as an Engineer you need to be licensed..however you can work under the supervision of a PEng. You may do the work but the PEng carries the responsibility so if they value their PEng they check your work prior to any formal approval often indicated by endorsing their personal stamp on any drawings, reports etc. You get more pay as a PEng so most immigrants in the engineering profession aspire for this. Check the Provincial Engineering body for requirements.