Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi,
Do we require transit visa via Heathrow.
Does anybody have realtime experience of travelling to Canada via Heathrow and whether they needed the transit visa.
I have 5 hr transit at Heathrow and what i have read so far is that i do not need a transit visa.

P.s looking for real time experience comments and not links to sites.

Regards.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
coolraman said:
Hi,
Do we require transit visa via Heathrow.
Does anybody have realtime experience of travelling to Canada via Heathrow and whether they needed the transit visa.
I have 5 hr transit at Heathrow and what i have read so far is that i do not need a transit visa.

P.s looking for real time experience comments and not links to sites.

Regards.
which country ru from without knowing ur nationality difficult to say.....

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi,

I am from India. I called british airways and they said contact embassy which was useless as they sent ukgov website link and did not give straight answer. Then i called makemytrip and they said transit visa is not required.

@ friday h - what is ur comment based on. Do u know of someone who actually had the problem.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
coolraman said:
Hi,

I am from India. I called british airways and they said contact embassy which was useless as they sent ukgov website link and did not give straight answer. Then i called makemytrip and they said transit visa is not required.

@ friday h - what is ur comment based on. Do u know of someone who actually had the problem.
here is a simple tool
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi mead

i already checked the link and hence in my original post had asked abt real time experiences.
Is there anybody who travelled via heathrow to canada. If yes did u need transit visa.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
coolraman said:
Hi mead

i already checked the link and hence in my original post had asked abt real time experiences.
Is there anybody who travelled via heathrow to canada. If yes did u need transit visa.
if u checked the link it clearly states u dont need a transit visa.....also if u search on this forum u will find many people going through UK with no problem....I have traveled through london numerous times.....i fail to understand y u need real time experience....u think gov.uk site lies?

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
If you already have a valid VISA of Canada , then you don't need any transit visa for London , unless you are going to stay there for more than 24 hours.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
@Mead - it is not about lies. It is about clarifying the grey area which was created in my head by reading various posts. Moreover i do not want to have any hassles during my travel hence wanted confirmation from some Indian who would have travelled from India to Canada via this route just to confirm whats on website.

@ napnusion - thanks. I will be staying there for only 5 hours (0730 to 1230).