+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfering funds to Canada in person

lynkcus

Jul 30, 2014
Dear all,

I've been a PR for 3.5 years, but I only moved physically to Montreal in January 2019. At that time, I did not need funds, so I left my money to stay in my home country, Vietnam.

Now, I am searching to buy a condo, and I need the funds for down payments. I am visiting Vietnam by the end of this year, so my plan is to bring the funds with me.

It will be more than 10k, which means I need to declare it at the border and proves that this my own funds.

Does anybody have experience with that? What are the things that you need to prove? Basically this is my savings.

Thank you all

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Dear all,

I've been a PR for 3.5 years, but I only moved physically to Montreal in January 2019. At that time, I did not need funds, so I left my money to stay in my home country, Vietnam.

Now, I am searching to buy a condo, and I need the funds for down payments. I am visiting Vietnam by the end of this year, so my plan is to bring the funds with me.

It will be more than 10k, which means I need to declare it at the border and proves that this my own funds.

Does anybody have experience with that? What are the things that you need to prove? Basically this is my savings.

Thank you all
Just carry some documentation of where funds came from for ex m banking statements assuming you withdrew it from your bank in Vietnam.

Otherwise most folks are let through based on verbal answers

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have no specific knowledge but maybe check any potential issues with carrying large amounts of cash through any transit connections where you may need to go through security checks for a connecting flight outside of Canada. Most people would do an electronic bank transfer but maybe is that not easy from Vietnam ?