+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transfer to another province

bula

Mar 2, 2012
Can someone help me to answer my question? is it true that if you are under SINP you need to stay in saskatchewan for 2 years? beginning the day that you got your PR card? I got my PR card August 2011 and i want to transfer to calgary this year.. can i do that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no binding agreement to stay in Saskatchewan for 2 years. You sign a document for SINP stating that you intend to settle in the province. If you arrived in SK in good faith and attempted to settle in the province but were unsuccessful, there is nothing they can do to you if you leave.

bula

Mar 2, 2012
thank you! I feel relief now.. because some say cic will revoke my PR and have trouble applying for citizenship if i transfer province,because i was provincial nominee. even the one who process my papers said that to me don't leave SK for 2 years starting you got your permanent card.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bula said:
thank you! I feel relief now.. because some say cic will revoke my PR and have trouble applying for citizenship if i transfer province,because i was provincial nominee. even the one who process my papers said that to me don't leave SK for 2 years starting you got your permanent card.
Did you sign any document that states that you will stay in SK for 2 years? As far as I know, you only sign a document stating you intend to settle unless they have changed that recently. If you can not find a job there, how can they fault you for leaving?

I have not heard about anyone so far who has had problems for leaving a province that nominated them. I have heard about people who tried to land with their PR visa in another province that had problems. If immigration does not believe they are intending to go to their nominating province at all, they obviously did not intend to settle there which means they lied on their forms and that is a problem. So far, they have let these people enter but told them they must go to their PNP province and report there. Immigration can check up on them to see if they arrive. However, nothing about leaving later.

I have heard about one case where a PNP wanted to take away somebody's PR because he was sponsored under a PNP family stream and his sponsor moved out of the province. I do not know at which point the sponsor moved out of the province, if it was before the person landed, if he knew about his sponsors move etc. but for sure he can also appeal this.