+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of Closed Work Permit

WaseemK9

Nov 7, 2023
Hi Every one,
I have a Closed work permit for 3 Years from an IT Company in Montreal. Is it Possible to Convert my Close work permit to Open work permit as my employer didn't have any issue on this and they allowed me.
How can i transfer my Close work permit to Open work permit ? Any Ideas ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Every one,
I have a Closed work permit for 3 Years from an IT Company in Montreal. Is it Possible to Convert my Close work permit to Open work permit as my employer didn't have any issue on this and they allowed me.
You cannot. What do you mean your employer “didn’t have any issue on this?” Are you applying for PR?

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
Hi Every one,
i dont think you can unless you have a CSQ or being abused by your employer,

WaseemK9

Nov 7, 2023
You cannot. What do you mean your employer “didn’t have any issue on this?” Are you applying for PR?
In Quebec, French is Mandatory now to get a PR, and i am already registered to learn French. Without French PR is not possible now, So i am trying to get an Open Work permit, My Employer means the Company which issued me the Permit to work for them in Canada, the name of Company is mentioned on my Permit. I have good working relation with them and they allowed me to get an Open Permit.
So i am searching for a way to either Convert or Transfer my Close Work permit to Open until i am fluent in French and then apply for PR

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if my employer himself allow me to get Open permit ? and they don't have any issue with me.
How are you eligible for an open work permit? You are not eligible for an open work permit. Your employer has nothing to do with it just because they say so. You cannot work for anyone else unless you get another LMIA to apply for a closed work permit. You cannot convert your permit and can only work for your employer. If you want to leave your employer then find another employer willing to go through the LMIA process and get a closed work permit. Look outside of Quebec.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
What if my employer himself allow me to get Open permit ? and they don't have any issue with me.
you cannot get an open work permit just because your employer wants you to have. if they will apply for lmia then its obligatory for you to have the closed work permit only

Reactions: Naturgrl

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
In Quebec, French is Mandatory now to get a PR, and i am already registered to learn French. Without French PR is not possible now, So i am trying to get an Open Work permit, My Employer means the Company which issued me the Permit to work for them in Canada, the name of Company is mentioned on my Permit. I have good working relation with them and they allowed me to get an Open Permit.
So i am searching for a way to either Convert or Transfer my Close Work permit to Open until i am fluent in French and then apply for PR
its possible without french via arrima points system depends on your age, and level of education.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi Every one,
I have a Closed work permit for 3 Years from an IT Company in Montreal for San Antonio dental. Is it Possible to Convert my Close work permit to Open work permit as my employer didn't have any issue on this and they allowed me.
Yes, it is possible to convert a Closed Work Permit to an Open Work Permit in Canada. To do so, you need to apply for an Open Work Permit through the appropriate category, providing the necessary documentation and following the guidelines set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is advisable to consult the official IRCC website or seek guidance from a qualified immigration professional for the most accurate and up-to-date information based on your specific circumstances.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, it is possible to convert a Closed Work Permit to an Open Work Permit in Canada. To do so, you need to apply for an Open Work Permit through the appropriate category, providing the necessary documentation and following the guidelines set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is advisable to consult the official IRCC website or seek guidance from a qualified immigration professional for the most accurate and up-to-date information based on your specific circumstances.
What category? OP is on a closed work permit. Don’t spread misinformation.

Apr 17, 2024
I am temporary worker in Canada and I would like to change my Close work permit to an open work permit. Is it possible? How to apply an open work permit??