+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trafficking women issue in Toronto

jperez

Jan 14, 2014
Hello my name is Juan, I'm Mexican and currently my Girlfriend is studying in Toronto for a 6month period, she got legally into Canada with her visa issued in Mexico, but she address me with some situations that came up in the last month.. she made some friends at her college and it seems is very common that in some public places some guys are approaching girls just with the main idea of "friendship" purposes.

she told me that there were some questions related with the following: for how long you will be here? are you looking to get work permit? do you want to stay more time? etc,, it seems there is a "mafia" of guys promising to get them a visa and some times it seems they can get very close to them an pretend to be nice and in some cases they could be a couple.

she has a friend that right know she is dating with one guy, and it seems he kept his visa and passport in order to help her to get a work permit,, that sounds really bad for me..

yesterday my girlfriend was walking at the mall then a guy showed up and he knew that she was mexican, and she was studying at certain school, she was amazed how come he could knew that,, he replied that he can help her to get visa and the only way was marry with a canadian or someone with a permanent resident.. she only was kind with him and she left immediately,,

im kind of worry because i really don't know if there is a mafia there able to get confidential information from schools, now he may know where she lives, where she studies, where she is moving, etc,, could you tell me more about this topic? I asked my GF to be very careful and never give her documents to any other person, she is really worried about her friend because it seems this guy already took her documents and im aware this could be related with trafficking women in Canada or other countries.

i would really appreciate if you could share with me your comments and how to proceed in this cases.

thank you..

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would advise u contact ur local police and inforn them the whole situation...so police should track down that person if he is doing what u say.to protect and serve is job oc police...ur job is to inform police so they can catch bad guys.

DianaParr

Sep 17, 2020
This is really bad situation and the best way for your friend was to inform the police and to be double careful with this strange "too nice" guys. The problem of human trafficking is huge and affects the big city like Toronto too. You cannot even imagine how serious sex trafficking get involved in our society. You can think that Canada consistently ranks among the best place to live in numerous studies and it is kinda safe there. But that doesn't change the fact that bad people are everywhere and you should be careful everyday. So, I think that you friend is safe and all ended well.