+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track PR cards....who landed in June-July-August.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Spouse and I landed July 20, cards have arrived. We're all done.

One of our kids landed Oct 9 coming home from university for the holiday weekend. I checked their ECAS status and they have none. Both spouse and I have a status in the ECAS, each using our individual client ID.

But neither of our kids indicate any status at all. Will they ever have a status indicated in ECAS?

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP results received 20-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
In Process Apr 30, 2014( It changed on May 3)
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
Finally my PR card application status says compete! Hope to get it before the end of this week or next week :)

LudiGonzales

Mar 17, 2014
Does anybody know whether it's possible to travel after finishing landing at the border and during waiting for permanent resident card?? Is it possible to return to Canada without the permanent resident card, only with passport?
I have to travel soon.

Please help me!

Thank you very much.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
LudiGonzales said:
Does anybody know whether it's possible to travel after finishing landing at the border and during waiting for permanent resident card?? Is it possible to return to Canada without the permanent resident card, only with passport?
I have to travel soon.

Please help me!

Thank you very much.
You will need the Travel Document (TD) from the Canadian embassy in your country of residence to return to Canada.

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP results received 20-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
In Process Apr 30, 2014( It changed on May 3)
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
Received my PR card today!! Good luck everyone! God Bless!

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
LudiGonzales said:
I have to travel soon.

Please help me!

Thank you very much.
Hope this answer isn't too late for you.

Officially, to arrive back in Canada by air you are required to have either a PR card or a Travel Document.
Travel document can only be applied for outside Canada at either a consulate or an embassy.
I have read they take a week or two to get. The process seems similar to a visa application. You fill out the forms, pay the fee, leave your passport with the consulate/embassy to process. I looked into if there was any way to apply within Canada prior to departure and there is not.

That said, in practice I found that if you are from a country with visa-free or visa exempt status in Canada then you can probably get through passport control at an airport without the letter if you do not yet have your card. Particularly if you are using NEXUS. You stand the greatest chance of being denied entry back into Canada by air if you are from a country for which Canada requires a visa since Canada will not issue you a visa when you already hold permanent resident status.

One other option for returning to Canada without a PR card- you can re-enter Canada by land or sea (e.g. ferry) with only the Certificate of Permanent Residency (COPR) letter that was processed when you landed. So if you have a way of flying to a border airport in the US then you could re=enter Canada by ferry or land with just your letter.

And, finally, some have reported charming their way back in with an airport CBSA officer. This is probably taking a huge chance but you can find people on this forum who have done it successfully either by claiming ignorance or given them the sob story of why they don't have it and needed to travel.

Hope this helps.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
One of my dependents landed after I did in mid-October. Around November 1, their status appeared on ECAS for the first time, listing a status for the PR Card application. Around November 14th, the ECAS status indicated the application was complete but the address had somehow been changed in the ECAS tool that was wrong- they were a digit off on our street address.

We had to call CIC at 888-242-2100

First, this number is fickle. Sometimes when you dial it, you get either an indication of busy circuits or an recording that it cannot be reached from our calling area. We had to try several times before the call went through and we reached their initial greeting menu.

Second, there is no clear indication of how to speak with an agent. We discovered after trial and error that you need to select a topic and hear some recorded information before you are able to press zero for an operator. It doesn't matter which topic you choose.

When we finally reached an officer and explained the matter, we were told that the PR Card that they have mailed must first be returned to their processing centre by the post office. If we can contact them shortly after it arrives back at their processing centre, then they can re-direct it back to us. If we do not successfully intercept this returned envelop with the CIC, then we will need to start all over again with a new PR Card application.

If anyone has a different experience or a way to more fully expedite a resolution to this, do tell.

Thanks.