+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa

Mrs talwar

Feb 10, 2020
Hi,I wanna apply for canada tourist visa from india.my sister lives in canada as refugee .My agent (from india) said i need my sister ‘s visa copy ,passport copy and address proof like documents ,Should i mention her documents in family information in tourist file ,As she is not PR yet.Does it has negative affect on my file because sister is refugee not PR .
Thank u so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,I wanna apply for canada tourist visa from india.my sister lives in canada as refugee .My agent (from india) said i need my sister ‘s visa copy ,passport copy and address proof like documents ,Should i mention her documents in family information in tourist file ,As she is not PR yet.Does it has negative affect on my file because sister is refugee not PR .
Thank u so much
Has your sister been approved as a protected person? Has she had her hearing and is now applying for PR? It will be much more difficult for you to get a TRV given her recent asylum claim. What were her grounds for seeking asylum in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No hearing yet,Just refugee.
If she hasn’t received protected person status chances of you getting a TRV are very low. Even if she is approved as a protected person and when if she gets PR it could be quite difficult for you to get a TRV. There will be concerns that you also plan on applying for asylum.