+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa For Baby delivery

Jun 18, 2021
Hello

My wife is in her first month of pregnancy, we are planning to deliver our baby in Canada we live in Qatar and we are holding Sudanese Citizenship.

I want to prepare myself for this trip, Can anyone give me an estimation on how much it will cost me to deliver the baby in Canada, what are the best hospitals that wont charge me a lot of money, and how long It will take to complete the process of issuing my child Canadian passport?

Thanks in advance

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As for your questions:
  • Anticipate $30,000 to more than $100,000 for the birth of your child, depending on complications
  • Expect any hospital to charge you up front and expect to see some sort of proof of ability to pay
  • If your wife is visibly very pregnant when coming to Canada, if you are able to get a visa, you are of course at risk of being seen as a birth tourist and turned back at the border

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Current processing from Qatar is over 400 days for a visitor visa. Plus you need written approval to travel to Canada by the government. You need to ask for travel for essential travel and only coming to be reunited with Canadian citizens or PR family members are considered.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

My wife is in her first month of pregnancy, we are planning to deliver our baby in Canada we live in Qatar and we are holding Sudanese Citizenship.

I want to prepare myself for this trip, Can anyone give me an estimation on how much it will cost me to deliver the baby in Canada, what are the best hospitals that wont charge me a lot of money, and how long It will take to complete the process of issuing my child Canadian passport?

Thanks in advance
Getting a visa to travel to Canada is extremely difficult especially if you are living in a 3rd country. Due to covid, unless your wife has a sibling in Canada she wouldn't qualify to visit Canada at the moment. You would not be able to join her. Although it isn't illegal, Canada does try to prevent birth tourism. You need a plan B