Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
Hi There - I am migrating to Toronto for job search. I have a family with a 2.5 year old daughter. which place would be good to live in terms of : (A) Good commutation facilities (bus, train) (B) Reasonably closer to Toronto downtown. (C) Reasonable rent (D) Good number of indian eataries. (E) Good number of indian grocery shops (F) Good Indian Population

Note - I don't have a car and don't have a plan to buy one.

Thank You !!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
havs said:
Hi There - I am migrating to Toronto for job search. I have a family with a 2.5 year old daughter. which place would be good to live in terms of : (A) Good commutation facilities (bus, train) (B) Reasonably closer to Toronto downtown. (C) Reasonable rent (D) Good number of indian eataries. (E) Good number of indian grocery shops (F) Good Indian Population

Note - I don't have a car and don't have a plan to buy one.

Thank You !!
Based on the criteria you outlined, Scarborough may be your best bet. It's much closer to downtown than other suburbs with large Indian populations (e.g, Mississauga, Brampton, etc.), offers access to the bus and subway system and is well-priced in comparison to housing in the downtown core. That said, living anywhere outside of the downtown core may be a bit difficult without a car, particularly if you are in a house (i.e., away from central bus lines). I would suggest looking at properties on MLS using the map feature to get an idea of what is available. Good luck!