+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Too minor for misrepresentation?

illimopets

Jul 1, 2013
Background declaration is asking me for all the jobs and etc.

My question is: is it OK if I don't remember the exact dates I worked at some jobs?
I remember when I had to quit etc. but I am not 100 percent sure about my dates.
If I make a mistake is it too minor for a misrepresentation or not? I don't have any paystubs or records left for that period of my life, i called the office and they said they didn't remember either. I am not the primary applicant, my spouse is, so I was wondering if they are going to check my SIN number to make sure I got all the dates right.
Please help!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I put dates as accurate as possible in my application. Same for my travels, I did not remember
all the exact date for trips I've been on, so i guessed as good as possible and included a letter explaining the
situation.

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
illimopets said:
Background declaration is asking me for all the jobs and etc.

My question is: is it OK if I don't remember the exact dates I worked at some jobs?
I remember when I had to quit etc. but I am not 100 percent sure about my dates.
If I make a mistake is it too minor for a misrepresentation or not? I don't have any paystubs or records left for that period of my life, i called the office and they said they didn't remember either. I am not the primary applicant, my spouse is, so I was wondering if they are going to check my SIN number to make sure I got all the dates right.
Please help!!!
So are you asking this because you worked one month in August ( even though you got study permit and you were not authorised to work since your WP got cancelled) ?

If you make a mistake, I can understand it happens but intentionally hiding something will not be a mistake.

The below is your post:

--------------------------------------
BTW I have just checked my T4s and NOA for that period, they don't mention the DATES of employment, only income, taxes, CPP etc.

There is no way my 1 month of illegal work can be deducted from T4 and NOA

What I'd like to hear is if there is actually a way for CIC to find out that info if you don't submit your paystubs... That work was not included in 12 months of CEC, I am not including those paystubs, even if they ask for T4s and NOA there are no dates...

I am not trying to lie and stuff but it would be stupid not to apply just because I screwed up once, I didn't even know I was not supposed to work on my still valid WP so I cannot say I regret doing that, I just didn't know and fell victim to my lack of info... S*** happens, what is important now is what to do next?

Seniors plz help! Should I go ahead and apply hoping they do not notice that 1 month I worked long time ago? Or should I just give up now?
------------------------------------------------------------

From your posts, it seems you are just trying to figure out if CIC will be able to CATCH you.

So the answer to your question: Definitely it is not impossible for CIC to find out details of your employment. If you were paid via check which included your SIN number, CIC can find out your dates of work but chances of them going to that level are next to 0%. You know you will be misinterpreting something but CIC will not be able to catch it. But if they catch it (chances are 0.01%) you may be in trouble.

Best would be consult a lawyer.

P.S: You worked one month extra in August before start of your school, that was unintentional mistake and there would be a way to tackle that and you can justify it. But hiding something from CIC is something you are doing knowingly and in complete senses. That may cause some issues. So better consult a lawyer.

All the Best !

illimopets

Jul 1, 2013
Dilli said:
So are you asking this because you worked one month in August ( even though you got study permit and you were not authorised to work since your WP got cancelled) ?

If you make a mistake, I can understand it happens but intentionally hiding something will not be a mistake.

The below is your post:

--------------------------------------
BTW I have just checked my T4s and NOA for that period, they don't mention the DATES of employment, only income, taxes, CPP etc.

There is no way my 1 month of illegal work can be deducted from T4 and NOA

What I'd like to hear is if there is actually a way for CIC to find out that info if you don't submit your paystubs... That work was not included in 12 months of CEC, I am not including those paystubs, even if they ask for T4s and NOA there are no dates...

I am not trying to lie and stuff but it would be stupid not to apply just because I screwed up once, I didn't even know I was not supposed to work on my still valid WP so I cannot say I regret doing that, I just didn't know and fell victim to my lack of info... S*** happens, what is important now is what to do next?

Seniors plz help! Should I go ahead and apply hoping they do not notice that 1 month I worked long time ago? Or should I just give up now?
------------------------------------------------------------

From your posts, it seems you are just trying to figure out if CIC will be able to CATCH you.

So the answer to your question: Definitely it is not impossible for CIC to find out details of your employment. If you were paid via check which included your SIN number, CIC can find out your dates of work but chances of them going to that level are next to 0%. You know you will be misinterpreting something but CIC will not be able to catch it. But if they catch it (chances are 0.01%) you may be in trouble.

Best would be consult a lawyer.

P.S: You worked one month extra in August before start of your school, that was unintentional mistake and there would be a way to tackle that and you can justify it. But hiding something from CIC is something you are doing knowingly and in complete senses. That may cause some issues. So better consult a lawyer.

All the Best !

You are a detective, I must say ;D

But I have already gone to see a lawyer and that issue that I was asking people to help me resolve and everybody was saying that I did a mistake was not even an issue. My lawyer (Nancy Elliot in Toronto) said that that is a common misconception that permits replace one another because they don't.
I created this thread to ask people about dates because I had 2 jobs that I worked at for less than a month each - in the very beginning I was employed by American Eagle, hence I didn't think it was important to keep my only paystub that I had, and then I worked at roots for 5 days... Same story... Didn't keep anything because I didn't think it would matter. Now I am almost done with my background declaration and that August job that you were talking about is there and I am not hiding it, I cannot remember when I was working at American Eagle and Roots...

That is the only reason I created this post, I am not going to intentionally hide anything, but I am wondering what to do when you really don't remember.