Too late to issue the file number for the Startup Visa application

Katty1386

Dec 20, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
App. Filed.......
01/05/2020
Hi Dear friends,
I applied for the Startup Visa application in early May 2020 (in fact, my package of documents was delivered to the IRCC).
But so far no response has been sent to us by the IRCC. Do you think this delay is natural and related to the Covid-19 pandemic?
When do you think the file number will be issued to us?
Thank you so much
Katty

Last edited:

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi Katty,

It seems to be normal. After we submit the application, it's a pretty long wait before CIC even opens the package. Once the officers start going to the office, the updates on the files are visible.

Since you submitted in May, i think you should see some updates on your file soon however on the portal, it shows 14-16 months wait time.

Did you apply only for PR or for the work permit as well?

HM

Katty1386

Dec 20, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
App. Filed.......
01/05/2020
Hi Hmblaster,
Thank you very much for your reply my dear
Actually I apply only for PR.
Did you apply for the startup application?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi Hmblaster,
Thank you very much for your reply my dear
Actually I apply only for PR.
Did you apply for the startup application?
Hi Katty,

I applied for both, PR and Work Permit together in November 2020. For me it'll also take quite a while before i receive any updates. However, i am expecting the WP to be approved in about 6-8 weeks.

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello,
The same in my case applied in Jul 2020. I expect to receive a response close to 2022...
The lawyer said they do not open packages

Reactions: Katty1386

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Do you think this delay is natural and related to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Of course not. Due to covid, they do not go to that office in nova scotia. This office is dedicated to Business immigrants only, they do not process any other visas, only startups and some general entrepreneurs. Basically, this office is closed as for now and only "guards" receive incoming mail. So do not consider any startups, maybe a few that were already in progress, as people report on this forum. I think we should expect to process next Fall.

Last edited:

Katty1386

Dec 20, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
App. Filed.......
01/05/2020
Hello,
The same in my case applied in Jul 2020. I expect to receive a response close to 2022...
Hi
I think this delay is too long (2022)!!!!
Despite this delay, do you think our documents will need to be updated?
For example: financial plan, work documents, etc.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello,
I think people can definitely expect a response in 2021, but final decisions, after back and forth with IRCC (ie medicals additional docs), I think will begin from Fall 2021 well into 2022

But also remember some steps are gonna be skipped - resulting into some gain in processing time. ie if you submitted biometrics previously (like for a work permit or other temporary visa), you won't have to do it again for the PR application.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi Katty,

I applied for both, PR and Work Permit together in November 2020. For me it'll also take quite a while before i receive any updates. However, i am expecting the WP to be approved in about 6-8 weeks.
Yes, my work permit took 9 weeks.
But the processing time depends on which IRCC office in which country will receive your application.
Mine was received by the New York office.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Katty,

Hi Friend, we have submitted our work permit under startup program in November 2020 but unfortunately we are waiting until now. Have you received WP?