+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOEFL or IELTS ?

Nathi

Feb 10, 2016
Hi,

I'm a 2011 BE Comp Sci graduate from India with 4+yrs work experience. I have recently applied for Conestoga College's Business Analysis program (fall 2016) through IDP. My Agent said that my TOEFL iBT (100/120) scores wont help and I need to appear for IELTS (which I did and awaiting for results). However in the college application mail, they have confirmed that both TOEFL iBT and IELTS are accepted. My TOEFL iBT score is 100(appeared on August 2014) and minimum requirement is 88. Should I wait for my IELTS results or is it better to send my TOEFL scorecard? Please advice

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
I took TOEFL and got acceptance from the university . I think they won't ask for IELTS if you applied with TOOEFL score. Anyways, the best way to confirm this is to ask the university.

Nathi

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for your reply. The college has confirmed both the scores are accepted. My application process is taken care by an agent. In this case, will it be a good idea to send the TOEFL scorecard directly via ets.org to the college?

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Nathi said:
Thanks for your reply. The college has confirmed both the scores are accepted. My application process is taken care by an agent. In this case, will it be a good idea to send the TOEFL scorecard directly via ets.org to the college?
trust me, IDP's counsellors are not genuine. they often misguide you to increase their profit. please check everything yourself and don't blindly trust them with your future.
BEST OF LUCK

Nathi

Feb 10, 2016
neerav said:
trust me, IDP's counsellors are not genuine. they often misguide you to increase their profit. please check everything yourself and don't blindly trust them with your future.
BEST OF LUCK
So far IDP have just submitted by application to a couple of colleges. They have asked me to appear for IELTS (which I have) and said there is no extra application fees/charges. One of my colleague who is studying in Toronto has applied via IDP and recommended it. Is there anything I should watch out for?

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
Nathi said:
You should send the score via ETS. It takes 10 -12 days for your score to reach the university.