+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Today 730 days achieved, But....

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Guys, and Thanks to everyone who gave me valuable advise.

Today I achieved ( according to my calculation ) 730 days in last five years, but still I have no intention for applying for PR soon, the main reason is my frequent visit in last five years to middle east, Asia and Russia. I am scared, if CIC see so many stamps they might send me RQ.

My question is, do you guys think my fear has some weight or CIC is not bothered by stamps they just want to see 730 days?

prak11

Star Member
May 5, 2010
As far as you can prove730 days of stay you are fine
Make sure you have all the NOA issued by cra in the past 5years

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Hasher said:

Today I achieved ( according to my calculation ) 730 days in last five years, but still I have no intention for applying for PR soon, the main reason is my frequent visit in last five years to middle east, Asia and Russia. I am scared, if CIC see so many stamps they might send me RQ.

My question is, do you guys think my fear has some weight or CIC is not bothered by stamps they just want to see 730 days?
The website gives a different info - To become a Canadian citizen, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years in the past four years before you apply. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-residence.asp

Please check the link

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Dear Canadahelp,

I am talking about PR Card renewal not about Citizenship (my next target). For PR card we need just 730 days.

husky2580

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Hasher,

In the application form,there is only 4 column for travel history.
do you mean you need 10 cloumn? or 20? 30+

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasher said:

There is not much point living in fear of an RQ - its issued due to a flag such as unemployment, suspect address etc or due to Programme Integrity/ Quality Assurance. If you think of RQs too much you will go crazy.

What you can do is minimise your chances of an RQ the basic step being to have a minimum of 1095 days of physical presence in Canada that can be backed up by 'active' evidence. You must record all your entries and exits so at application time you are not guessing and end up with a mismatch to CBSAs records. Set up a spreadsheet as with the correct formula it will count days for you. Keep boarding passes. It helps to also genuinely file your taxes - I recall you had a Child Benefit issue so make sure your situation with CRA is in good standing.

CIC are fine tuning the RQ procedure behind the scenes though at a slow pace but remember they have really only focused on this since around Mid 2011 with a ramp up in May 2012 with OB407. Would be fake residence applicants have stopped applying and many have abandoned/ withdrawn their applications. You may be lucky and by the time you have 1095 days the RQ issue will add 3-6 mths to processing not up to 24 months as present.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manianz47 said:
The original poster is planning for PR card renewal, probably..
Is there an RQ associated with that?
My bad. RQs are issued for both PR Card renewals and Citizenship applications. Substitute 730 days of physical presence in my post above for PR requirements and the OP - Hasher will be ok despite the stamps if he has the days but if CIC decide to RQ then nothing can be done but just deal with it by submitting proof of residence.

The problem is that many applicants in the situation of 730 days renewal above on this forum appear to urgently need a PR card to facilitate travel immediatley after card renewal for another 5 year window where they may accidentaly or otherwise breach the RO. For some the economics make it worthwhile they have jobs usually in the Middle East on terms and conditions that they can't get in Canada. The issuance of an RQ delays PR Card renewal which then forces them to sit it out in Canada - that job won't wait for your PR Card right!!

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Msafiri

Bunch of thanks,
No doubt I am trying not to apply for PR CARD (and praying no Emergency comes to me from back home). Scare for RQ is mainly because of delay in process.I have trouble with CRA but thanks to them they agreed to settle everything and even gave me some concessions, I cleared my case with them now.

At the moment I am trying to establish my residency record as I have confirm one year five months without break and I think another 7 months will give CIC 2years without break (at the same time I will close to citizenship days), hope that would help not to flag anything, on the top I already have achieved 730 days on 10th April, 2013.

best regards