+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to apply citizenship -physical presence 1,095 days

100nathan

Oct 23, 2013
If husband has physical presence of 1,095 days ,but spouse is shortage of 100 days.
Can spouse apply for citizenship along with her husband now or she should wait to satisfy physical presence of 1095 days?

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
I would advise husband to wait another 1-2 weeks to cover possible miscalculations of physical presence (for instance one of the stamps in my passport made CBSA was one day before I crossed the border, while in their records they had correct day). If i had applied based on stamps in passport right after 1,095 days of presence in Canada, I would have been one day short of required period.

Also there is extremely high risk that your spouse will get RQ and eventually (after couple years) her application will be rejected. That's just my opinion.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply separately, otherwise you may end up requesting file separation anyway like many others here, if either of you will be hit with an RQ, which may add some additional years of processing for a joint application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The wife does not get a free ride just because her husband has met the residency requirements. They both have to meet it.

Therefore, the wife should definitely not apply with the husband if she is short on days. Their files will be linked together and her application will take the slow boat and require an interview and that means his application will be delayed as well.

As other posters have said, he should wait for a couple of extra weeks and then apply by himself. The wife should apply by herself when she qualifies.

Or if they must apply together, they should wait until they both have more than enough days.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second the approach that you apply separately after each getting to 1095 days meaning whomever gets to this stage first can apply prior to the other person.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your husband should apply after he has been 1095 in Canada.

Then you file yours separately after you have 1095 days behind you.