+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for bringing my mother and brother on a visitor visa from the Philippines?

Marnelle

Jan 10, 2017
Hello Everyone.

Im hoping to find some guidance on how to bring my mother and my brother for a visit. I am now a Canadian citizen, my husband and I have written a letter of invitation and will be covering the expenses of their trip and their stay. We have a one year old baby girl that neither have met yet which is the purpose of their visit. I am pretty confident that my mother will get approved as the reason of her trip is to visit us and her grand daughter . I want my brother to visit too and it would be important that he accompany my mom on the trip to Canada and back to the Philippines as she is older and has never travelled abroad before. My brother owns the house they live in, has a job to return too and just recently had a baby boy and would be leaving behind his wife and son. To us its obvious they would return home but Ive read many accounts of a visitor visa being denied because the immigration official felt the applicant would not return home.

It also should be mentioned that my husband and my brother are close friends, he was his best man at our wedding and another reason for my brother's visit is to spend time with my husband, our thought was to include pictures of them to prove the friendship.

I would appreciate any tips or suggestions that could help further ensure the immigration officials my family members will return home after the trip.

thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

Sincerely,

M.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Marnelle said:
I also want to add we wish to bring them for 3 month visit.
This is too long and shows they don't have enough ties, which seems obvious enough in your first post. You should request for 2-3 weeks. They can stay up to 3 months if they are allowed by the CBSA officer after they get their visas.

Also, reading the reasons you gave to bring them will not be enough in the visa officer's eyes. They don't care about family or friend visits as good reasons to visit Canada. They even deny plenty of parents and children.

If you've read the accounts of denials, have you read the requirements of a successful application? It's basically cold, hard facts: documentation of assets, permanent jobs in a stable industry with a good salary, travel history and a stable life back home.

Pictures can support your case, but they won't be the basis.