Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
Guys, hi!
I need your advise definetely!

I've just received the letter from Immigraiton Office that the interview will be hold at the end of May in Scarborough and we're both should be there (my husband and me). I applied for PR in Spouse Sponsorship program.
I have few questions regarding to interview.
How long interview will take?
How long usually people wait for letter with the decision?
If they say YES what will be the next? How long I should wait for PR card etc?

Any advice about interview?
Hope evering is doing great!
Thanks a million in advance
Lana

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I am assuming this is a PR landing "interview" because Scarborough takes at least 2 years for an actual interview (those in suspicion of a non genuine marriage, medical or criminality issues, etc) and they are transferred without AIP. From your timeline it seems you received both AIP and PR stage together. Now all you have to do is land as a PR. Take all the necessary documents they list on the form with you. This interview isn't even an interview but a formality to ask questions like "do you have any other dependents, is everything on this form spelled right, have you committed a crime since being in Canada" etc. Only a few standard questions to make sure they have everything written right. You will probably (depending on the line up) take only 15 minutes to get done but I give you an hour in case there is a long line. And the PR card will arrive in 6-8 weeks. Good luck and congratulations!

Lana

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
Love_Young said:
I am assuming this is a PR landing "interview" because Scarborough takes at least 2 years for an actual interview (those in suspicion of a non genuine marriage, medical or criminality issues, etc) and they are transferred without AIP. From your timeline it seems you received both AIP and PR stage together. Now all you have to do is land as a PR. Take all the necessary documents they list on the form with you. This interview isn't even an interview but a formality to ask questions like "do you have any other dependents, is everything on this form spelled right, have you committed a crime since being in Canada" etc. Only a few standard questions to make sure they have everything written right. You will probably (depending on the line up) take only 15 minutes to get done but I give you an hour in case there is a long line. And the PR card will arrive in 6-8 weeks. Good luck and congratulations!
Dear Love_Young,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I crossed my fingers and I hope you're right and it will take just few minutes and we'll positive feedback ASAP.

The point is I'm a little bit shocked because I didn't expect to receive information about the interview so fast! We've applied for spouse's sponsorship program within Canada last June. So at the end of April 2011 we received confirmation that my husband has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. And after just few days we're received letter from Scarborough about the interview. So fast! Now we're preparing all papers, nice photo album and try no to be nervous!
Keep you posted on.
However thank you very much for your feedback!

Lana

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
Love_Young said:
How right you are!!!
No interview! Just congratulations from officer!
I still cannot believe! It wasn't easy to understand that you cannot leave Canada! Thank you very much for your help!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Lana said:
How right you are!!!
No interview! Just congratulations from officer!
I still cannot believe! It wasn't easy to understand that you cannot leave Canada! Thank you very much for your help!
Congratulations! :D Glad to hear everything went well. What date did you land?

Lana

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
I arrived in Canada on December 2009. We applied papers on June 2010. So it takes 11 monthes to get PR.
No bad!