+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timelines for TRV (Visit visa) for New born/ Baby of PR Parents (outside Canada)

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All. I have noticed various threads and posts on the subject of applying for visit visa for babies born to Permanent Resident parents outisde Canada. It appears that processing timelines are longer nowadays due to Covid, however, some of us in this situation need to fly back to Canada soon. Leaving the newborn with the mother back is not an option due to various reasons and prevailing situation. I was hoping if all of us who have applied for baby's TRV in such cases pls share respective timelines on this thread for quick reference and updates. My timelines are as follows:
Application submitted: Nov 2020
No update yet.

Last edited:

shashmi1986

Dec 8, 2017
Same here, myself and wife and one daughter are PR holder. We want to travel with our new born baby. Applied for visit visa in January 2021. Still no response even consultant said we have sent reminders. Anyone can guide how much time IRCC is generally taking to process visit visas for new borns who are outside Canada?

Immortal30

Feb 27, 2021
Hi All

I think I also fall pretty much in the same category as is being discussed here. I need your help with a few things. Let me clarify my status here.

Me & my wife are both PRs. Did our soft landing in Aug 2019 and came back to Dubai.
I moved to Toronto in Feb 2021 from Dubai. I have a job and I have been working here since March 2021.
My daughter was born in March 2020 and she is staying with my wife in Dubai currently.

I applied for my daughters TRV on 4th March 2021 with a letter of explanation (convincing them that she would return back to Dubai with her mom) and all the relevant docs.

I have not heard from IRCC since the last 2 months. I know during the pandemic its all getting delayed.

So my questions are:

1) On an avg how much time is it taking for TRV to process from Dubai? Website says 300+ days, is it real? (Coz if it is true, then that is 1 year)
2) Should I also go for a PR application parallely along with TRV? or Should I wait for TRV to get processed, wait for my daughter to come to Toronto and then apply for the PR?
3) How can I expedite the process of my daughters TRV?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards
Amar Sesma

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Same here, myself and wife and one daughter are PR holder. We want to travel with our new born baby. Applied for visit visa in January 2021. Still no response even consultant said we have sent reminders. Anyone can guide how much time IRCC is generally taking to process visit visas for new borns who are outside Canada?
Hi. Any luck with getting the visa? I had applied in Nov 2020...

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All

I think I also fall pretty much in the same category as is being discussed here. I need your help with a few things. Let me clarify my status here.

Me & my wife are both PRs. Did our soft landing in Aug 2019 and came back to Dubai.
I moved to Toronto in Feb 2021 from Dubai. I have a job and I have been working here since March 2021.
My daughter was born in March 2020 and she is staying with my wife in Dubai currently.

I applied for my daughters TRV on 4th March 2021 with a letter of explanation (convincing them that she would return back to Dubai with her mom) and all the relevant docs.

I have not heard from IRCC since the last 2 months. I know during the pandemic its all getting delayed.

So my questions are:

1) On an avg how much time is it taking for TRV to process from Dubai? Website says 300+ days, is it real? (Coz if it is true, then that is 1 year)
2) Should I also go for a PR application parallely along with TRV? or Should I wait for TRV to get processed, wait for my daughter to come to Toronto and then apply for the PR?
3) How can I expedite the process of my daughters TRV?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards
Amar Sesma
Any update at your end?

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hey same here
Did you guys reapply after September updates?
I applied on nov 2021 thru the new online portal and it is pretty fast
Ppl are getting visa in 60 days or less.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hey same here
Did you guys reapply after September updates?
I applied on nov 2021 thru the new online portal and it is pretty fast
Ppl are getting visa in 60 days or less.
I had reapplied in September. No update till now.
Any luck at your end?

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
I had reapplied in September. No update till now.
Any luck at your end?
I received the application number and that’s it
Status is “ We are processing your application, we will message you if there is an update “

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hello,
I just received TRV for my baby born outside Canada to PR parents. Date of submission for TRV was 17. 02.21. We sent 2webforms to explain about our situation. Finally, the TRV was approved on 16.11.21. I would like to thank everyone for your valuable input in this forum, which is informative and very helpful.
The waiting period was agonising. Hope you all receive a positive reply soon

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hello,
I just received TRV for my baby born outside Canada to PR parents. Date of submission for TRV was 17. 02.21. We sent 2webforms to explain about our situation. Finally, the TRV was approved on 16.11.21. I would like to thank everyone for your valuable input in this forum, which is informative and very helpful.
The waiting period was agonising. Hope you all receive a positive reply soon
Many congrats!!! Which country did you apply from? Can you guide when you raised the web forms and any particular guidance that you can give. Thanks.

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Thanks fdido,
I am from Mauritius. I checked on IRCC website and on this forum for the forms to be used and sent 1st webform explaining in details why my baby needs a TRV and how it would affect her if she is left behind in my home country. Also, how we would be affected as a family(my wife, 2other daughters and myself) if she stays back.Another reason that I mentioned was the need to travel to Canada before our residency obligations are exceeded. The 2nd webform only emphasised the above reasons. The 1st webform was sent after around 2 months and the 2nd one at around July-August.

Reactions: fdido and RAMBO1503

RAMBO1503

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks fdido,
I am from Mauritius. I checked on IRCC website and on this forum for the forms to be used and sent 1st webform explaining in details why my baby needs a TRV and how it would affect her if she is left behind in my home country. Also, how we would be affected as a family(my wife, 2other daughters and myself) if she stays back.Another reason that I mentioned was the need to travel to Canada before our residency obligations are exceeded. The 2nd webform only emphasised the above reasons. The 1st webform was sent after around 2 months and the 2nd one at around July-August.
9 months is very long wait.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Thanks fdido,
Thanks and congrats again!