+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for sponsoring child by PR. Plz help!

MuezzinQ

Jun 17, 2011
Hi. I applied under the fast-track FSW programme in Feb, 2009. I eventually filed all my docs in CHC, Islamabad and then fresh docs/police certificates to CHC, London. We were directed to conduct medical tests in October, 2010 but actually had them in December, 2010 since we were out of the country - I'm glad I delayed this because the visit visa is only valid for a period ending on 1 year from the medical tests. About 4 weeks ago I was directed to send our passports to UK for stamping of visas but I e-mailed them that passports can't be sent outside Pakistan through courier. They wrote back and told me to submit my passports in CHC, Islamabad and gave me a special form to submit with it. Anyhow, yesterday I received the visas and am planning to go for first landing in August, 2011.

HOWEVER, my wife is in the family way and we're expecting our 3rd child in November, 2011. If the 3rd child is born outside Canada then I'll have to sponsor the child and can only do so from Canada. And until the child is sponsored it won't be issued a visit visa to come to Canada. So what this means is that my wife and children will have to wait in Pakistan till I am able to sponsor the 3rd child from within Canada. Anyone know how long this process takes if I am applying from within Canada?