+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for ADR, Appeal

M

majidt

Hi Guys,

Here is ADR appeal timeline when i did for my husband at CHC-Islamabad

Send appeal 02/12/09
Appeal accepted letter received 04/12/09that it will take 120 days to receive
records (application which i submit first time)
Received after 4 month from Islamabad 07/03/09.

Letter from minister council, that send document for proof of your residency in Canada, because i was in USA. 08/27/09

If all the documents are submitted correctly

Appeal allowed on 10/27/09
Request for remedical / 01/09/10
Send police report urgently 02/28/10
Passport request 04/30/10
Passport sent 05/03/10
Visa received on Passport today 06/21/10

Immigration people are so slow (Specially for men cases)so please be patient and best of luck to all of you!!!

M

majidt

Basically it takes one year, because they don't count 120days to get the record back from Islamabad.

And there was no hearing date and also he didn't get any letter for interview!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Did you go to full appeal, or win at ADR? Which IAD office did you go through?

M

majidt

Office

TORONTO (ID, RPD, IAD, RDC)
74 Victoria Street
Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario
M5C 3C7

Tel.: 416-954-1000
Fax: 416-954-1165 (RPD, IAD, RDC)
Fax: 416-744-4274 (ID)

Win ADR, no hearing

B

boyee6576

Are you saying you didnt have a meeting with the DRO and the Ministers councel? It sounds like your saying they just allowed the appeal without any meeting is that correct? or am I missing something ;)

M

majidt

Yes, i never went for any meeting or hearing. i provide everything and there was nothing for them to ask, i guess :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
So once you got the appeal package (your application and supporting documents from the sponsorship), you collected new evidence, sent this to the Appeal Board, and they made their decision without an ADR or a full hearing?

I didn't know they did that. Would you mind telling us, what was the reason given for your original refusal? They refused my husband's application because they didn't believe our relationship was genuine. We are going to a full hearing for the appeal.

B

boyee6576

I didnt think they did that either. Your application must have been refused on something very very insignificant. We were rejected because they didnt thing we were in a genuine relationship. I cant beleive you didnt go for a face to face meeting. Your the first person I have heard that has had this happen.

Jan 20, 2010
Hi Majidt:

I'm in the same situation you were and would like to know if you have more information. I send my appeal back and they confirmed that received on March 25, 2010. I contacted the Inmigration and Refugee Board and even when I already received the file they have not received it yet.

How long you think that will take for my wife to get the VISA in her passport if everything goes fine ??? After they aproved the appeal who gave you the visa ???

Thanks

majidt said:
Hi Guys,

Here is ADR appeal timeline when i did for my husband at CHC-Islamabad

Send appeal 02/12/09
Appeal accepted letter received 04/12/09that it will take 120 days to receive
records (application which i submit first time)
Received after 4 month from Islamabad 07/03/09.

Letter from minister council, that send document for proof of your residency in Canada, because i was in USA. 08/27/09

If all the documents are submitted correctly

Appeal allowed on 10/27/09
Request for remedical / 01/09/10
Send police report urgently 02/28/10
Passport request 04/30/10
Passport sent 05/03/10
Visa received on Passport today 06/21/10

Immigration people are so slow (Specially for men cases)so please be patient and best of luck to all of you!!!

M

majidt

hi All,

Yes, you guys read coorrect, i didn't go thorugh full hearing and face to face.

Actually i was in USA and working on H1 visa and my stupid mistake was that i mentioned in the application i'm working in USA and they refuse to give visa to my husabnd, because they thought i will never reside in Canada after he get PR. i didn't hired any lawyer for advice. So guys never make that mistake!!!!

i applied for job in Canada and thank "ALLAH" i got the job, so i hired a lawyer for appeal and he charged me $6000. I gathered all the documents(NIkkah certificate,wedding and trip photos, plane tickets, gifts receipt, cards, e-mails,phone bills, my job pay check, home lease,cable bills, credit cards bills etc).

(Question 4 u) if 120 days are past, then in 2 months you will get a letter from minister council to proof if your marriage is geniune and i don't know about full hearing because i didn't go throuhg that part, but if everything goes well then in 2 months they will send appeal allowed letter. Need to do re-madical/police report. It will take around 7 month from the date when appeal was allowed, maybe it will be faster in women case.

Good luck!