+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time duration in trp application

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Dear friends,
I have to apply for trp for my child as he's born while we were outside canada n didn't meet RO? I don't know how to fill the duration time for child's stay in trv form ,since now we want to be there for at least 2years. And we have no one to stay with so can not fill the column for address too. Will that matter for immigration officer in considering trp?and where can we send the application for trp since visa application centres do not accept application for trp?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose_20 said:
Dear friends,
I have to apply for trp for my child as he's born while we were outside canada n didn't meet RO? I don't know how to fill the duration time for child's stay in trv form ,since now we want to be there for at least 2years. And we have no one to stay with so can not fill the column for address too. Will that matter for immigration officer in considering trp?and where can we send the application for trp since visa application centres do not accept application for trp?
Do you now meet the RO? If you don't meet the RO then note that applying for the TRP may result in CIC digging into your situation! If you meet the RO your best option is to sponsor. You can specify a TRP timeline matching your return to RO compliance at which point you can sponsor but in the grand scheme of things you just want the child to enter Canada...TRPs can be extended.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Many thanks Msafiri for ur reply, really appreciate it.
The fact is this that I don't meet RO, I have around 19 months left for my 5 years to be complete. I wonder if I can ever travel back to canada n that too on my PR card...do I need to have a TD made for me n my family?and how about TrP,will it not not be granted...I have genuine reasons y I was not here, ill health of parent and have documents to prove it too.
Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Return to Canada and deal with the TRP application post entry...most PRs in your situation arrange for the other parent outside Canada to apply for the TRP thus mitigating the risk of report. Alternatively forget the TRP, sit tight in Canada until back in RO compliance and sponsor. You can't have your cake and eat it is the usual scenario here.