+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between IEC applications

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,
I have a doubt. On the government website it says the following:
"As a Spanish citizen, you can participate twice in the IEC. You must choose a different category each time. There must be a 3-month break between the expiration date of your first Canadian work permit under IEC and the date of submission of your second IEC work permit application."

My current work permit under IEC expires on September 8. Does it mean that to apply for another IEC category I have to wait 3 months, or I can apply earlier and taking into account the time they may take to send me the Invitation To Apply (ITA) and I have to apply for the work permit once I receive it, it must be between those 3 months?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have a doubt. On the government website it says the following:
"As a Spanish citizen, you can participate twice in the IEC. You must choose a different category each time. There must be a 3-month break between the expiration date of your first Canadian work permit under IEC and the date of submission of your second IEC work permit application."

My current work permit under IEC expires on September 8. Does it mean that to apply for another IEC category I have to wait 3 months, or I can apply earlier and taking into account the time they may take to send me the Invitation To Apply (ITA) and I have to apply for the work permit once I receive it, it must be between those 3 months?

Thank you
As it states, 3 months between expiry and submitting application (not ITA). Which category are you applying for the second time?

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Is not the same the application for the work permit than the application for the pool, (I understand).

I would be interested in YP