+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those applying for parent or grandparent SUPERVISA - share your experiences here

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
chilkootcee said:
I believe it is a multiple entry and expiry time is case by case (although I've heard 5 to 10 years). I think the whole program was started to alleviate some of the hardship for those under sponsorship as well (where processing time is 3 - 4 years apparently). I don't know the processing times - hoping others with direct experience can chime in.
Thanks. How long is one allowed to stay in one visit? I mean the maximum time for which the parents would be allowed to stay.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks. How long is one allowed to stay in one visit? I mean the maximum time for which the parents would be allowed to stay.
This is decided by the immigration (CBSA) officer the traveler encountered.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
steaky said:
This is decided by the immigration (CBSA) officer the traveler encountered.
Thanks. What could be the maximum possible allowed time frame legally?

Like for US visitor visa everything is the same.. the officer at the port of entry decides the time for which the person can stay in US in visitor visa. But it is capped at 6 months. The officer gives either 6 months or lesser.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
The irony of my family's situation is that they don't want to leave Syria, they have rebuilt their home three times after being destroyed by the war. I just want them to be able to visit us in Canada....but as long as there is still a war and everyone assumes every Syrian is a potential refugee...the chances of my inlaws ever coming to visit us in Canada is nil. How sad...

C.

Zee2015

May 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2016
Nomination.....
05-01-2016
chilkootcee said:
The irony of my family's situation is that they don't want to leave Syria, they have rebuilt their home three times after being destroyed by the war. I just want them to be able to visit us in Canada....but as long as there is still a war and everyone assumes every Syrian is a potential refugee...the chances of my inlaws ever coming to visit us in Canada is nil. How sad...

C.
I understand the irony point. There are Yemenis in Yemen who do not want to relocate to any other country despite being regularly exposed to the domestic risk (armed militia behaving irrationally) and external risks (unintended civilian victims to air bombardment). On the other side almost no country is offering an effective help to shelter those who're the most vulnerable.

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
Hello everyone,

I'm sure many of you who have settled have applied for supervisas for your parents / grandparents. Here is a place to share your experiences / questions.

My husband's parents are from Syria and with the war going on, I'm not sure if they will be able to obtain a supervisa because it will be difficult to convince the visa officer that they are willing and able to move back to Syria (even though after their home was destroyed they have rebuilt it and do not want to immigrate)

Anyone apply for supervisa for Syrian parents in the last 4 years?

C.
Hello there,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if your husband's parents got the super visa eventually?

We are also Syrians and are newly landed immigrants and we currently meet the requirements for the Super Visa. I just had a baby and I would really love to get my parents to come and visit (to see the baby and give me some much needed help) . They are both Syrians but they live in Qatar (have been living there for the past 30 years).
What was your experience like? Do you know of other Syrians that were granted the super visa recently?
Thanks