+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thorncliffe Park Area for new comers

kami151

Apr 22, 2011
Hi All,

Just need to get some information regarding Thorncliffe Park area, as some body has recommended me that this area is good for new comer families. any one can share their experience or suggestion regarding the area and finding the Apartment in this area would be much appreciated.
I have the following queries regarding this area :
  • Is this area is near to Downtown Toronto?
  • is there any Subway near this area?, as i am preferring to stay somewhere near to subway because it will help me to travel for searching a job
  • is it safe for families, my point is for crime rate ?
  • is there any Muslim or Pakistani community there?
  • is there any website or classified for finding the suitable apartment in this area?
  • any specific road or intersection recommendation, for narrowing my search in this area would be much much appreciated

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorncliffe_Park , this area is near Downtown Toronto, has a Urdu, Tagalog and Punjabi population. You can search craiglist, local papers and mls.ca for suitable housing

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kami151 said:
Hi All,

Just need to get some information regarding Thorncliffe Park area, as some body has recommended me that this area is good for new comer families. any one can share their experience or suggestion regarding the area and finding the Apartment in this area would be much appreciated.
I have the following queries regarding this area :
  • Is this area is near to Downtown Toronto?
  • is there any Subway near this area?, as i am preferring to stay somewhere near to subway because it will help me to travel for searching a job

Hi,

I am living in Thorncliffe area and check my post for Thorncliffe Park drive.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.120.html

may it helps

regards

hmisabpk
  • is it safe for families, my point is for crime rate ?
  • is there any Muslim or Pakistani community there?
  • is there any website or classified for finding the suitable apartment in this area?
  • any specific road or intersection recommendation, for narrowing my search in this area would be much much appreciated

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Check this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.120.html

hmisabpk

kami151

Apr 22, 2011
thanks for your answers.
hmisabpk, this post is really really..... helpful, well it can give all the information for the new comer, thank you so much for sahring this precious information with us.
i quickly go through with the post for Thorncliffe Park queries and got almost all the answer except the crime rate, i am just worried about the security, as i mentioned that i am coming with my family. so if you can shed some light on security part as well for thorncliffe area from your experience. it will really help me a lot.
once again the post was simply amazing for new comers.

Thank you

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
ye Thorncliffe park is all desi coummties are living here.There are 8 buildings to rent a appartment .Every building has it own renting price.Which i know few of them..One Bedroom Aptment rent is $850.Other Fews building rent is starting $950 or so.Its depend on you which one is you are looking far.