+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Visa Office allotted for processing my PR is outside my Country

Preets

May 1, 2015
Dear All
I have applied for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Federal skilled worker program. I reside in India and specified New Delhi as my Visa Office. I received my file number 12 weeks after I applied. Before that I sent an email to Sydney, Nova Scotia requesting an acknowledgement for the receipt of my Application. I did not get a reply then but recently I got an email stating they have sent my file to Colombo and could not comment on this. However this email did not contain my Name, File number or Date of birth. I am wondering if this reply was a mistake, however I am also confused and concerned about my Visa Office. I have written back to Sydney, Nova scotia asking for clarification on the same. I have also made a case specific inquiry at both New Delhi and Colombo about my file. I received an automated response from both places stating that they will not acknowledge or give status of an application and can be used only to update information.
I am also Joining a new job from June and have to update this change in the appropriate Visa Office. I am confused as to which Office to do this. Since I received my File number on March 29th 2015, I expect them to verify the place of employment anytime now. Therefore I require immediate assistance as to which Visa Office to update my information on.
Can someone please help me with this situation? Any guidance would be extremely helpful..
Thanks and Regards,
Preethy