+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Nova Scotia Regional labour Market Demand PNP

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
Hi,everyone!

Some weeks ago, Nova Scotia announced the start of their accepting applications under the new Provincial Nominee Program better known as the Regional Labour Market Demand stream. Under this program, professionals, whose line of work is included in the list of jobs in high demand in Nova Scotia, may apply to be nominated to become permanent residents even if they have no job offers. The program involves two step process. If the applicant is found eligible, he is nominated by Nova Scotia to the Canadian immigration which shall give the permanent residency visa.

I wish to encourage who have knowledge of this program to post their comments to encourage interested individuals to apply and also help them go through the process. The requirements are not much different to that of the Federal Skilled Worker program except that the list of eligible professions includes quite many jobs and that there is no quota for any profession. That is a good development for many people. Second, the English proficiency score asks of the applicant is only 5.0. FSW requires 7.0. However, there is the Employment and Settlement Plan that the applicant has to submit which to my mind is crucial for anyone to get the nomination from Nova Scotia. It is like a statement of one's understanding of the challenges awaiting a newcomer and how he envisions to overcome them in order to find work, ,support his family, earn a living and realize his dreams in Nova Scotia.

In the first place,Nova Scotia is not a popular destination for immigrants to Canada. Obviously, this is the the reason this program was introduced.So, not that many is familiar with the job opportunities and the kind of life prevailing in Nova Scotia. Also it seems getting nomination is not guaranteed by having adequate work experience and knowledge of English or French . Having a workable plan to get gainful employment is as important or is even more important.

I hope concerned and interested people will post their ideas and comments how they propose to go through the process; and from those who had been nominated, some tips they can share with those thinking of applying.

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
There is a 122 page thread on this program, It ranks in the top 5 of most active and address almost all you've suggested

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
There is a 122 page thread on this program, It ranks in the top 5 of most active and address almost all you've suggested

Thanks so much.

M. Nasir

Mar 30, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nasir and I am interested to go to apply the nomination program of Nova Scotia. My profession is Accounts and Finance. My question is, is this profession regulated in Canada and if regulated what are the steps will follow for taking regulatory certificate.